+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PapaMag

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...n-For-The-Week... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Cartoon For The Week

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, I'm not sure how they can say the economy is recovering when gas prices have gone up 20-30 cents in a month's time, with no sign of easing up.

It's one of the biggest scams out there.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It is. Here in the EU too. Big source of income for the government.Let me tell you the prices we are NOW paying:95 Octane : 1.58 Euro/litre. That is: 3.785411784 litres for one US Gallon. Price per gallon here: around 6,00 Euros which is about 8.00 US $.In Italy it's 5% more expensive. Cheaper in Spain, France and Germany. But not much, about 5% as well.You guys are still far away. But you'll get there...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The oil pricing and gas prices have always been crazy. It always rises in the states in January and February because mose refinery's do their shut downs and maintenance, to cover the expense the price of gas goes up and guess what's right around the corner? Spring Break and Memorial Day. People hit the road and gas goes up, then there is the 4th of July bingo you got it up they go, this trend continues and we get a small break betwenn Labor Day and Thanksgiving. OPEC is the deciding factor and with the Iran thing it's a reason for them to jack the prices even though they are still raking in Billions profit.

Okay I'll shut up now, in some ways the economy is getting better, whoever thought it would recover quickly fell and bumped their heads.
    lak611 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK, I do not support a lot of things our current President has done and did not vote for him, but to be fair, if the government figures are true, unemployment is improving which is good. Gas prices can partially be blamed on the shutdown of drilling in the GOM, but also on speculators trading on oil futures and as Craig stated on shutting down refineries, partially for maintenance but also due to the high price of Brent Crude which is causing the close down of the older refineries. I am just glad that the government is not taxing gas to the same extent as Europe

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    It is. Here in the EU too. Big source of income for the government.Let me tell you the prices we are NOW paying:95 Octane : 1.58 Euro/litre. That is: 3.785411784 litres for one US Gallon. Price per gallon here: around 6,00 Euros which is about 8.00 US $.In Italy it's 5% more expensive. Cheaper in Spain, France and Germany. But not much, about 5% as well.You guys are still far away. But you'll get there...
    How much is regular 87 octane? That's what most cars here use, unless they are high-performance cars.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    87? That was last century like in the late 70's...its 95 or 98.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Most new cars recommend using premium gasoline (which is 93 octane here).

+ Reply to Thread