+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...n-For-the-Week... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Cartoon For the Week

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    So true. The other day I noticed that my my bank was charging me $3 for every transfer from savings to checking. Ridiculous. While pissed and annoyed I started looking around for other banks and noticed similar fees across the board.

It's sad to think that one day I may have to start budgeting for my banking fees.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    How about $5 a month just to use your debit card for a purchase?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Most of the folk here don't carry money around these days. It's all debit cards, Portugal has the highest availability of Debit Card / Credit Card machines in the world etc. In this regard we're up front, and being a very peaceful place, with low crime rates - we have very few robberies and muggings - and because of that, it works and is widely accepted by all. At least, until now. I find it very frustrating going to Spain, Italy and France and not being able to find the abundance of cash dispensers or shops accepting the card. Let me state that the cards we have are already set up to be accepted all over Europe.
    Last year word came out that the banks would start charging for the use of debit card purchases, but after a ruling from the Bank of Portugal that plan was flushed down the toilet, but with a caveat: purchases charged to a debit card had to be minimum 5 Euros. Below that, no acceptance. And today we still are fans of the debit card - 87% ( according to the latest figures) of us use the debit card.
    It's handy. It's safe.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I love paying to use MY money.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I read most of this a while ago. I will have to say that I have the absolute best bank and financial institution. USAA. Nothing even comes close.

+ Reply to Thread