+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...mers-on-Monday... Smartphone News forum

Article: Other carriers to get Motorola Moto X camera update received by T-

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    "This is what happens when you make Android devices and your corporate parent is Google." LOL. That's too funny. As if this is some great accomplishment. They released an update, but only to select users, with the promise of "coming soon" and "hard at work on the next update". SMH. That's very very sad.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Really?
    Can't think of any reason this is "sad" or funny.
    It is what it is.

Actually impressed that the device is assembled in the US and sold at a profit.

Remember that each carrier insists on testing every update before its pushed. If carriers would get out of the way then all updates / bug fixes would roll out faster.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Really?
    Can't think of any reason this is "sad" or funny.
    It is what it is.

Actually impressed that the device is assembled in the US and sold at a profit.

Remember that each carrier insists on testing every update before its pushed. If carriers would get out of the way then all updates / bug fixes would roll out faster.
    Funny that he thinks it's an accomplishment from Google. Sad that it's only for a select few users. I would be bit pissed if I had it on ATT or VWZ. Google lets the carriers get away with this. They make the hardware and software. iOS 7 released last Wednesday, I don't remember Apple telling anyone that an iPhone 4(a 3 year old phone) or later, that it would be coming soon. Would you not be a little upset if you bought this and didn't get the update?

No. I wouldn't. But I don't wait on updates. Even if I did I wouldn't waste my energy on camera updates.

Apple won't delay the update, just strip features for older devices.

T-Mobile got it first. Its a camera update. Big deal. Its not like the others won't get it.

BTW sad, to me, is pushing an OS upgrade that allows bypassing of the lock screen possible for the older devices but is fixed on the 5S. When is that update going to be pushed. Now THAT would piss me off.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    No. I wouldn't. But I don't wait on updates. Even if I did I wouldn't waste my energy on camera updates.

Apple won't delay the update, just strip features for older devices.

T-Mobile got it first. Its a camera update. Big deal. Its not like the others won't get it.

BTW sad, to me, is pushing an OS upgrade that allows bypassing of the lock screen possible for the older devices but is fixed on the 5S. When is that update going to be pushed. Now THAT would piss me off.
    You're not putting yourself in normal users shoes. I guess I should worded that different. You say "camera update,big deal" but as someone that uses the camera often. I would want it, and expect it to be downloadable as soon as it's available. Not wait because I was on the second carrier to get it. That's the whole point. They shouldn't have to wait. As far as Apple restricting features. Yes, and so does every other manufacture.

Yes, there's a bug in ios7 that allows access to someone that has stollen your device. But how many thieves know about it?? And there are ways to secure it until the update is released. Annoyed, yes. Pissed, no. There's an easy solution. And BYW, when that bug in iOS7 is fixed. It'll be fixed for everyone. regardless of your carrier(worldwide)

Yes there's a bug in IOS 7 that allows anyone that has access to the web and can read (I would assume even would be thieves, spouses, and other snoopy folk could read the web) the ability to bypass your security. It launched with the 5S installed and if I owned any of the affected devices I would expect it to be downloadable immediately, not have to wait.

See what I did there?

Oh, and I believe Moto X users only have to muddle it through the weekend. I'm betting few are so upset their selfies wont be as sharp that pitchforks and torches are necessary.

I guess its horrible if Android users need wait on camera updates but acceptable for Apple security updates to wait...work around or not. That's certainly thinkinng different.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Come on guys, that's minor...has any one on PS tried the update on iOS that waterproofs the blighter? Mmmmm....
    This in particular demonstrates the mind-set of some.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Yes there's a bug in IOS 7 that allows anyone that has access to the web and can read (I would assume even would be thieves, spouses, and other snoopy folk could read the web) the ability to bypass your security. It launched with the 5S installed and if I owned any of the affected devices I would expect it to be downloadable immediately, not have to wait.

See what I did there?

Oh, and I believe Moto X users only have to muddle it through the weekend. I'm betting few are so upset their selfies wont be as sharp that pitchforks and torches are necessary.

I guess its horrible if Android users need wait on camera updates but acceptable for Apple security updates to wait...work around or not. That's certainly thinkinng different.
    So basically you still don't see that my original comment is true. Funny and sad. I used Apple's roll out of iOS7 as an example. You know, comparing apples to apples. There are ways to prevent the bug until the update. And I'm sure it won't be long. Even for iPhones 4 years old. That's my original point.

"I guess its horrible if Android users need wait on camera updates but acceptable for Apple security updates to wait...work around or not. That's certainly thinkinng different."

I said I would be annoyed. Yet I know it will be fixed and there is a work around in the meantime. Little bit different than those that never receive an update at all. But Android's secure in any fashion it comes in. So no need to worry.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    blah blah blah....yawn...
    RogerG likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

"never receive update at all...."

Who says they'll never receive it. Wasn't aware that I devices could for see the future.

And you missed my point. Your trolling over a camera update is just that...trolling.. Laughing at a perceived inconsistanty in Android while blowing off the same from Apple. I stand by my Think Different commeOS. . Its a-ok for Apple to make users wait (workarounds are super) for a security update that exists in the new device with the same OS. God forbid someone at moto isn't pushing a camera update.

But at least they're waterproof.....

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    "never receive update at all...."

Who says they'll never receive it. Wasn't aware that I devices could for see the future.

And you missed my point. Your trolling over a camera update is just that...trolling.. Laughing at a perceived inconsistanty in Android while blowing off the same from Apple. I stand by my Think Different commeOS. . Its a-ok for Apple to make users wait (workarounds are super) for a security update that exists in the new device with the same OS. God forbid someone at moto isn't pushing a camera update.

But at least they're waterproof.....
    Nope, not trolling. Stating an opinion on the article and it's author. He made it out as some big thing that happened because it's parent company is Google. I used Apple as a reference on how updates should be handled. You went off on how there is a security bug . Two totally different things. But you can't criticize Apple about security updates and not do the same to google when Android has so many that have yet to be fixed. And won't be. Again, that's a different subject than the one in the article.

Right....right...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Geezus, you two are like an old married couple with the bickering. lol

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^ . Actually it would be interesting for jfcooley and BHP to meet. BHP on his shiny racing bike and Jay with his tractor. Imagine.
    Well there, I just did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast