+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...on-a-USB-Drive... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: How Can I Reduce the Risk of Data Corruption and Loss on a USB Dri

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good advice, but to be honest USB drives are cheap these days and small, why not make 2 or even 3 copies rather than just 1. I have at least 5 USB's in my computer bag + it is easy to carry a terabyte drive for backup of your hard drive

There are so many options of backup today from the cloud to portable drives to multiple USB sticks no-one should be in the position mentioned above

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I carry a 64Gb one just for the odd task and work file or folder transfer when there´s no WiFi or 4G. I don´t use them as a backup any longer after two of them just packed up for no reason.
    Today, I'm into GDrive, DropBox and Skydrive. Between the 3 I have over 160Gb, more than enough for my needs. Important stuff I have backed up, it all syncs automatically. No stress!
    I do have a flash disc with 1 Tb just in case. Probably excessive, but heck, I don´t want to experience Jay's dilemma with the microSD...

+ Reply to Thread