+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thanks Roger. Will most likely upgrade once it's out. I think that price is more ... Smartphone News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Thanks Roger. Will most likely upgrade once it's out. I think that price is more than fair.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Same here. No need to mess around with a leaked release, IMO.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's the way to go. I'm picking up quite a few glitches and bugs, not with Windows 8 itself, but with apps like Evernote, Calendar and a few others that show the OS is not quite ready. I'll do a reboot to Windows 7 Pro and wait for the bargain price...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    well I even clicked on the torrent loaded 54% then dropped to 1kb which calculated out to around 150 hrs or something stupid. Which is only fair I guess for clicking in the first place

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yeah I can see the $40.00 being a great deal knowing what I paid for Windows 7 Ultimate

I would like to try before I buy. Especially since MS has removed the ability to boot to a normal desktop. Go Metro or go home I guess.

Well I downloaded and installed a preview build. Couldn't bring myself to download the torrent. I just don't trust them.

There's a learning curve. The UI takes some getting used to. Still trying to figure out how to shut down without having log out first.

I think it'll be great on a tab. I like it, just a bit confused trying to navigate around. I've set up some tiles on that Metro screen, but still prefer to go to the desktop.

Only one program I have so far doesn't work. Just hangs. Utility program that wants me to buy to get Win 8 comp. Don't like blackmail......

Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Office run smoothly and I want to say quicker. I do think boot is quicker than 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12