+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Originally Posted by srl7741 I have not either, it's odd. Everyone has the kindle or ... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I have not either, it's odd. Everyone has the kindle or iPad
    Nooks are popular here too. A former classmate had one.

My cousin also has a Nook.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    PlayBook are around just depends where you live, when I was on the rig there were at least 6 people using them (no other tablets out there), in my office in Calgary there is an assortment of IPads and PlayBook being used, no Android tablets. I know people in Houston and UK that use them as well. Obviously there are more IPads around but there are a large number of PlayBook as well.
    Last edited by dushdavj; 04-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    PlayBook are around just depends where you live, when I was on the right there were at least 6 people using them (no other tablets out there), in my office in Calgary there is an assortment of IPads and PlayBook being used, no Android tablets. I know people in Houston and UK that use them as well. Obviously there are more IPads around but there are a large number of PlayBook as well.
    I'm in Cleveland, OH. I tend to visit local coffeehouses. I am also a member of both the Cleveland and Akron LInux User Groups.

No Playbooks in the coffeehouses or at the Linux User Group meetings.

When I was a student I never saw Playbooks either.

The only Playbooks I've seen were the demo models in big box stores, but the demo models did not work anyway.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm late to this discussion - been away. We're all looking and predicting the final nail that will get hammered into the coffin. The prime undertakers have either resigned, or have been removed from the board of directors at RIM. I still see Mike hanging on to all. But here, I think, he may continue as a figure head, a ceremonial add-on for what once RIM represented.The near future (and I say that 2012 ends in the 3rd Q for RIM) will see if the chosen path is the correct one. I have one great fear, and that is if the new CEO will persist with the (we know this) defunct management system, the development of products and software which the public (in general, both private and enterprise have moved on...), the marketing strategy and the whole retail conditioning that RIM used to be able to control. From his speeches he shows that he's mainstream. He even wants RIM to go into the niche market... goodness, if a failing product now chooses to go "niche", that's not a nail in the coffin. That's like a final sealant...Niche is good if your main product is a hot seller. It's then that you start creating specific market oriented products, and usually at a higher cost to the consumer. The price to pay for a differnt product. But the back bone remains your general sales etc. etc.Going this route I do foresee doom in the future. And here BGR may be right.Courage, a shake down, a real re-invention of what made RIM's products great, and going with a wanted NEW system that will call old customers back and invite lots of new ones in.And for that to happen, RIMM/BB must offer something better than what iOS, Android and now Windows are offering to all.So let's see what RIM comes up with until the end of this year. If it doesn't come up with anything tangible, yes, then lets have the casket lowered and covered up with soil.
    lak611 likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I only see a revival when RIM sells, and I think we will see that in 2012. the only way it will survive is with fresh minds. There is no one in position now to save their downfall. Hook up with someone who knows and run with it would be my suggestion, but then who am I
    lak611 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12