+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 2 Post By RogerG
  • 2 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-overestimated... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry's high unit sales in UK and Canada may be overestimated

Advertisement

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    If there's a way to knock a Blackberry, Del will find it. I actually heard this used to be a Blackberry site, but I don't believe it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well Del puts the articles on here, some of them are written by him, but all of them are interesting. This site used to be very pro-blackberry, but a lot of the members got fed up with being left behind and have now moved on to Android, Apple, Or Windows, I am still on BlackBerry on old Torch, mainly because I haven't seen the requirement to change. The point is there are a lot of very negative articles out there. If the Z10 had come out at the same time as Android they could well be number 1 today. A lot of people forget all the initial problems experienced by Android and IOS in the early days but now they are more mature but both still have problems which are overlooked. With all the negative items out there I tend to wonder if there is a concern that this could actually compete. It is like the way the press marginalize any politicians that they think could compete with their candidate, they will do the same with the Z10.

I am more worried by the way that monopolies are forming and instead of encouraging competition, the tech press want to destroy it. In my youth if you wanted a computer,or a stereo system or any electronic item there were many stores that you could visit and many brands to choose from. Today you are lucky if there are 2 stores in your area, of course there is the Internet to search on but you don't get to see the items.

It's early days yet to see what will happen with BlackBerry + they won't beat the top 2 overnight. The important thing is that they survive the next year or so!
    RogerG and jfcooley like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I spoke about the Z10 suffering from the same "birth pains" as did the iOS and Android platforms at their beginnings. And that BB has 2013 to show off the B10 platform and improve the apps...
    Well Dave, we do agree then...
    ...and I´m not excluding a Z10 in my near future. It´s a good smartphone. The absence of BIS is a step forward as regards BB activation since the carriers used to charge a fee for a ridiculously low data threshold. That´s very positive.
    The only single drawback, for the time being, are the apps. Granted that some (few) are available and those built into BB10 are OK both in features and functions. Google Play ported apps are a no-go (imo) since the apps don´t carry all the functions of their iOS or Android counterparts. And it´s also visible that these apps are poor "emulation" attempts by the developers (UI, function and usuability).
    Regardless, the Z10 is a breath of fresh air.
    jfcooley likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    If there's a way to knock a Blackberry, Del will find it. I actually heard this used to be a Blackberry site, but I don't believe it.
    Why do you think the name of the site is PinStack? And have a look at the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

We all came here in the beginning because it was THE source for BlackBerry support. Sure, there were other sites out there (and still are) like CrackBerry, et al, but people felt more comfortable here because they could ask a question without fear of being flamed or answered in a condescending tone. Our Stack experts would literally be falling over each other to be first to answer someone's question. Ahhh, the good old days.

Dave hit the nail on the head with regard to people leaving the BlackBerry platform to move onto other ecosystems, though. BlackBerry made the mistake of resting on its laurels and before they knew it, they were eating the dust of Apple and Android. Now they're in the unfortunate position of trying to play catch up. Sounds as though they've done pretty well with the Z10, but only time will tell if it's enough to compete with the companies who have lapped them.

I held out longer than most here to change platforms and I know I'm not alone when I say that BlackBerry was my first love (and again the common thread that brought and keeps us here). None of us wishes for BlackBerry to fail.....in fact there are probably no bigger fans of the platform than those of us here. They just haven't produced anything compelling enough to win me back from something I have become more comfortable with.
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post

I take exception to this. If anyone is going to knock anything around here its ME.

+1 to what Roger and other said. Don't want to see them fail. Its a dog eat dog world and right now Blackberry is wearing Milkbone underwear.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Its a dog eat dog world and right now Blackberry is wearing Milkbone underwear.
    Aaaaand yet another great TV show reference.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    HollywoodStack...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nooormmmm!
    RogerG likes this.

+ Reply to Thread