+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Sony-Xperia-Z1... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry Z30 Photographed Next to Sony Xperia Z1

Advertisement

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Trouble is if ATT doesn't support it any better then it does the Z10 we are always going to be behind with any updates

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    It'll be great once it can run Android too.

Worse part around here might be finding one once they release. Thinking Best Buys will not be carrying them and we have no local ATT corp store so who knows if the local retailer will even have one to sell let alone play with a real one

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Specs aren't even CLOSE to what the Z1 (or any other device for that matter) offers.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can't help but draw some parallel thoughts here.
    Look at Nokia smartphones. They're gone. It won't be long before we'll see MS smartphones sporting Lumia or Asha names. What I mean is that this was another timely deal, a strategical shift that was (well) planned. With the latest figures coming from Russia, the EU and even the Middle East the WP OS and the Lumia and Asha names are growing.
    Now let's look at BB. Unfortunately it's the same modus operandi that's been going on for too long. Since 2007/2008. Indefinition, back and forth rumormongering, and there has never been any visible signs of proper medium or long term planning. There was a great attempt with BB10, but when it did arrive it had nothing to offer. In actual fact BB10, when launched in 2012 should have been the OS when iOS launched in 2007.
    Now, why should anyone want to buy a 5" Z30, low on specs and knowing, now, that BB won't be BB for long?
    You may say almost the same for Nokia. Except Nokia isn't in limbo. It has moved on. Whether that is good or not we''l see, but at least Lumia and WP8 owners know their wares will be perpetuated, even if with a different nomenclature.
    The same can't be said for BB. I may be wrong, but whoever buys a BB today KNOWS already that there's nothing for them. No one knows what's going on. Indefinition surpreme.
    It's purgatory for any BB die-hard, I'm sorry to say. And I do feel sorry for BB as well. It deserved better after so many years of leadership in the smartphone universe.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    If anyone likes to collect mobile devices, it'll be good to have because RIM is practically done. They are so far behind, not even the space shuttle rocket will help them catch up. They need to do something fast to save themselves.

Though it was interesting I heard Blackberry used by several different people today at the Washington navy yard. One talked about the blackberry folks getting out, another about getting on their blackberries to chat

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have my share of dust collectors, but they will be put to good use because my wife loves her 9700 and we have 3. She spends hours on her Android Tablet but wants nothing to do with a touch screen phone

+ Reply to Thread