+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...old-1-000-001!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry Z10. No, BlackBerry didn´t Sell 1 Million. They Sold 1.

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    But I wonder how you really feel...

<sent from my shiny pebble blue plastic samaung><Samsung, you type while holding a baby... >
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Glad you changed make!
    How I Feel, will probably be the next article. After yesterday´s debacle with syncing with Gmail, Calendar and Contacts ( only on the 3rd attempt I got the Calendar, problems I haven´t been used to for years now), I settled down today. Dropbox has my documents now, and some other few changes. And as I get more into what is available on BB World, I´ll compromise further.
    But essentially, I got over the "I´ve been had..." feeling that prevailed yesterday. Especially due to the price I paid for the Z10.
    I´m an optimist by nature. And there´s a light at the end of the tunnel, soon.
    EDIT: In the meantime I´ve sorted out the BB Link problem. The Z10 is busy installing it into the PC...that´s novel!
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good write up Del. RIM is definitely making some big strides. When the devs catch up and the apps get on par, they'll be a contender.
    Delfim likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well that's a lot of money to spend! Good write up though, enjoy your new phone, (I was going to say toy but it's a blackberry and we all know they don't make toys! )

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good piece, Del. Thanks for taking on the task and gaining some experience on the Z10.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Feeling the love I am

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and the problems persit. Evernote doesn´t sync. IM+ Pro is a battle to keep active, even with all the right settings. Sorry Dave, File and Folders doesn´t exist for BB10, not yet...
    There are a few essential apps I need everyday. Google Drive and Maps/GPS and a fully functional DocsToGo which I also use to access my Google Docs on the web, to create new, to edit, to share with colleagues. And essential of all, Evernote! BB10 has the native "Remember" app that works with Evernote. But there´s no Evernote on BB World. Out of the odd 600 notes I have, it synced 35. And goes on to state there are no more... I feel like throwing this out of the window. They´re all essential tools and I use them every day. Maybe I´m a fool and don´t know my way round BB10 enough, but I´m not naive to realize that this is unattainable for me on the Z10, and right now, when I need them most. There´s lots of money on this, and it´s a professional need! Who said BB are for business people? Ok, unkless you´re on Enterprise and ruled by an IT fellow that feeds you on cereal all day long. I need full access! Period.
    GPS is atrocious. I can use TomTom Go, which I have. In an emergency. But why should I carry an extra gadget around? The maps, the way they´re presented is undescribable. It´s going to be years before BB10 will have a decent Map app, if they ever will.
    Secondary apps: the Stocks apps are not there... I mean, there are. But so poor, so poor! I got a reasonable rss reader ( gNewsReader). At least that.
    It´s a good smartphone. It´s a far from finished, (if ever it will finish, before BB11 needs to comes out) smartphone. It´s very limited. It´s not going to help me earn any of the money I had to spend to get it.
    Maybe a carrier will, like in the US, give it away for free. Eventually. But even then, it will be too costly.
    These are the problems I´m facing this Sunday afternoon. And I´m genuinenly fretting. Easter on top of it all.
    So without further doings, I´m going to switch this smartphone off, "kidnap" my wife´s iPhone 5, for a short while, so that I can plan the coming work week. You know, simple docs editing, switching and sharing notes, finding a place about 35km´s from here which I´ve never been near...and maybe get my IM+ Pro to work so I can chat a while with RogerG, Jay or Glenn.
    Tomorrow the Z10 is gone! And it´s going to cost me more to do that. Call it an investment...
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-31-2013 at 12:35 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Soory BB lovers and high "hopers", if BB10 is what you want and need, I´m glad for you. That means your life isn´t at all that demanding. Mine is, and I have a world out there still to explore.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Can feel your feel your frustration. Sorry to hear it.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    congrats on the bb del , sorry to here your regrets.

but do you think you will still try to own that htc one some day when you ready to upgrade ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I´m still waiting for new stock to arrive so I can do the review. If I like what I see, then I´ll maybe coonsider it. HTC is having serious problems with the distribution of the One. Usually Brightpoint woud have it all over the place by now. This time, it´s a no-no.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wanna trade that bb10 with my dependable Storm 2?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's a real shame that it's not working out. You have got used to too many good things which it seems will take bb to long to reach for you. I Ave Evernote on the Playbook but it seems from the search I did it is not yet available on BB10 and may not be as they have it integrated into BB remember which by the sound of it is text only (a poor cousin). You can however sideload the Android version.

I still think the Z10 has a lot to offer, so since my personal phone is due for replacement I will swap it out on my next trip to TX and review it from the point of view of a BB user that hasn't been corrupted by the wealth and power of Android and IOS . Seriously I believe I will likely find a lot of things annoying which is why I have not upgraded yet, even so I will be comparing to OS 6 So it should be interesting.

So Del to each his own and I don't think OS10 is ready for what you want to use it for. I do believe it can compete for the average user but not for the power users such as you and many of the others on this site. When you say they have had 4 yrs to develop a good OS I think they have but they still have not got buy in from the developers. The complaints you have such as Evernote is not a BB problem it is the developer not building for OS10, the same with Gmail (in this case it is not in Google's interest to build an App here) they do for IOS because they are still fighting for IOS users. So this is not a deal breaker for me since I have never bought into Gmail much, neither do I use Google maps on my phone, or Netflix (not into watching movies on a phone) I will also say that developing something new is not easy, you have to avoid copying code, come up with a new GUI make it simple yet powerful, test it, make sure it doesn't crash, make it secure and continually be aware that people will continually be running it down. I have been involved in having software developed and know that it is far from a simple process

So again it is a real shame it hasn't been of any use to you especially when it cost so much. I hope since you have had for such a short time you will be able to get your money back. Good luck!!! Maybe the Samsung 4 will be a better choice
    Last edited by dushdavj; 04-01-2013 at 02:38 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hardware. It's good. Size, the best for me. Looks (subjective), it's a charmer. UI, it's good too just needs some polish, and time will take care of that. Apps, functionality, it's a disaster. and by the looks of it, resale or trade is going to be painful.
    If I came from a old BB, it's a step forward. Coming from iOS or Android, it's lame, circa 2008. The target of achievement set by BlackBerry was okay, for that period. Now, it's far behind.
    The ported Android apps are the same.
    Pity. I quite like it.
    Edit: and it's irritating that an app, whatever it is, always has to jump to the browser ... and I've noticed that it's a data gobbler.
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-01-2013 at 08:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast