+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm going to spend a little extra time at the store and see how she ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I'm going to spend a little extra time at the store and see how she feels.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The style doesn't appeal to me much. Not fond of the rounded bottom with a flatter edge top. Should of stuck with a sleeker look with the straight edge on top and bottom.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh no RIM is at it again. Throwing the same old look in a different housing . When will they learn? They should've just released a souped up version of the storm for AT&T and not this shenanigan. Kinda nice to see them trying to regain their share of the pie though. Maybe next time, perhaps with the blackpad lol. No jumping ship for you, come back one year!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ exactomundo!

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Any idea what the retail for no contract would be for this phone?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    It looks kinda of sexy. I wished the screen was 3.7 and not 3.2. But it did catch my eye.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    its going to be released at $199 with 2yr contract, my guess is going to be $449 or $499 with no contract
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The specs look good and I love the 6.0 OS but a vertical slider? Make it a horizontal slider and I'd jump ship to get it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Kinda reminds me of my FIRST smartphone the QTek 9000 - sort of a deja-vu feeling.... I was hoping RIM could do better.
    Interesting to follow the OS development from now on, and wait for other BB smartphone options that are surely going to be launched soon.
    How is the slider ? Is it going to grow loose with use ? That is a bummer with all sliders, and this baby is on the "heavy" side and will be prone to this problem...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Kinda reminds me of my FIRST smartphone the QTek 9000 - sort of a deja-vu feeling.... I was hoping RIM could do better.
    Interesting to follow the OS development from now on, and wait for other BB smartphone options that are surely going to be launched soon.
    How is the slider ? Is it going to grow loose with use ? That is a bummer with all sliders, and this baby is on the "heavy" side and will be prone to this problem...
    But it looks good !

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've been a Blackberry users for almost 4 years. I started with the 8100, now have the 9000 for 1.5 yrs. This 9800 BB is very appealing to me but I am a little wary. BB users seem so disappointed lately that I am rethinking my own thoughts about BB.

I have an iPod touch so I don't think I would ever buy an iPhone. I have researched all the android phones and I think that it may be worth it to make a change. I'm unsure if I will buy this 9800 or jump into a different smartphone all together.

Maybe I'll wait and see after 9800 is released as to what everyone really thinks...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I think it looks like a great step up, can't wait to see how well the touch screen works.

For those who have been patiently waiting for RIM to come out with something new, they will probably be thrilled. But for those like me, who got frustrated and moved on, not sure this will be enough to draw users back. I hope it does well though.
    Completely agree with you. I look at this and nothing makes me go "wow" about it. It just reminds me of the crappy palm pre hardware/design.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ithink that both my 9700 and iPhone will be up for sale now....lol. Anyone interested?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Completely agree with you. I look at this and nothing makes me go "wow" about it. It just reminds me of the crappy palm pre hardware/design.
    Yeah, it looks to be a good year and half behind on hardware, and software. The specs (624mhz processor 360 x 480 screen res) just doesn't seem like they're trying.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Sorry. This should have been RIMs device to play with the big boys but instead it looks as if it just the same ol blackberry that has been around for years hardware wise. 624 MHz processor, same that's in the bold 9700. Should have been at least 800 or more. Camera and video is nothing that but a MP upgrade and then it doesn't even have a screen capable of showing higher res pics off. Haven't seen pics so can't judge how good the camera is but no HD recording??? The specs just aren't there. The original 3G iPhone had a better processor. Then we move onto the is OS. While it looks nice there is zero app base to go off of I've read no where about anything new and exciting on the developers end. As stated this won't pull anything from android or apple, it will only keep those need a blackberry. That number is getting smaller and smaller. Doesn't seem like they are trying to attract anyone to the platform. The new os may be nice but the device is lacking. Maybe there saving the big dog for Christmas but seems like they should have come out full force with the launch of 6. This defiantly isn't a high end smartphone by today's standard. If I was looking for a new phone, no matter my current platform and I have $200 to buy one this isn't even in the list. It might look ok if it was $69 with contract,maybe $99 but no way $199 when your choices for that price are iPhone 4 and the many different androids out there. The o my reason that I can see to get this are because your work is on BES. Other than that it offers nothing. Sorry RIM, fail on this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast