+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...)-is-Official!... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: BlackBerry Torch (9800) is Official!

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Wow, I thought it would take longer than this but good for RIM. I can see a lot of people wanting/getting this device because there are some touchscreen lovers that just need keys for typing quick text messages. The pictures look great as well and the design looks sleek.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    the question now is... when does tmobile get it? and also when do we (9700) owners get 6.0!?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It does look pretty good, I've never been a slider fan but I think ppl who like that design should really like this one. The size is another good one. Should fit well in the hand and be easy to use.

Can't wait for the 6 dot reviews.

Last edited by srl7741; 08-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Carlos, I don't think it will be too long after the AT&T launch that TMO will also launch it. There is a 9820 model out there in the wild.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think it looks like a great step up, can't wait to see how well the touch screen works.

For those who have been patiently waiting for RIM to come out with something new, they will probably be thrilled. But for those like me, who got frustrated and moved on, not sure this will be enough to draw users back. I hope it does well though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I think it looks like a great step up, can't wait to see how well the touch screen works.

For those who have been patiently waiting for RIM to come out with something new, they will probably be thrilled. But for those like me, who got frustrated and moved on, not sure this will be enough to draw users back. I hope it does well though.
    True I did not think about that one. Pulling people back will take an awful lot along with some time. The time is needed to read/see and hear about how great it is and how it can compete with the things we tend to like about Android or Apple or any other brand we have changed to.

Nielsen latest stats report would support that.

I noticed RIM is pushing BBM finally on TV with some great commercials. That's good for them to finally promote some of their best features.

CtrlAltDel no está en línea Stack level 1
    My next phone!

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow! I'm planning to replace my beloved but well-worn 8310 next month. I want to upgrade to a BB with wi-fi, and figured a newer Curve would be the choice. I've never liked touch-screen keypads, but a combo touch-screen & slider physical keyboard sounds great. The larger screen, 5 MP camera, universal search, and other new features already have me sold on the Torch. I'll keep an eye on a month's worth of reports from those of you who jump in early, but assuming this one is a well done as my previous BB's, I'll be a happy camper come September! Can't wait to get my hands on a demo!

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    It does look nice. I was kinda disappointed to hear that the S2 was not one of the "select" current devices out that would be getting OS6. All I really wanted was the webkit browser anyways.

geelexus no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm really hoping that this will be my next step as my well loved Curve has seen many better days!!! The thing that has held me back from updating to an iPhone or Droid was the option of only having a touch screen and as far as getting a new BB was the lack of any really new design features... This just seems to be the best of both worlds and I'm psyched to hear the comments from everyone that get one right away as well!!!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    624MhZ and 512mb of RAM is a little disappointing, but I'm sure it will be good enough for the die hard Blackberry fan.

I don't see many iphone or android user's giving up their platform's for this. I know I won't.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah it's something new but do you really think it's going to rival the Android OS's or the iPhone at all?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ya know?...............

It's kind of like the iP

1. Doesn't have/use Flash
    2. It's on AT&T

BooooYaaa!

Since it's on AT&T it's not going to steal anyone using AT&T and the iPhone already nor will it take anyone from an Android. It will however keep those already using a BB or Corporate accounts.
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-03-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's great to see RIM show up with something. In My opinion it looks great, but it reminds me of the very old QTek model 9000 (I think this was the number) - any way, doesn't attract me much. I hope the slide doesn't loose it's firmness.
    Software wise, it's gonna be interesting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast