+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Not-Dead-Yet!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry to Gartner: Not Dead Yet!

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    May not be dead yet, but will take a new breed of minds to right the ship if possible

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, a new breed to right the ship. However, we are not talking about the company disappearing -- we are talking about the company going private. Sure, they've had many problems, but I don't think they and we "are out of business" tomorrow. It's the last thing "they" (Blackberry) wants to see, and if, and that's a big if, that happens, I am sure there will be some transition, sucession, etc. or similar type plan. Is this equivalent to the heretic and feared collapse of the potential Chrysler bankruptcy?

Sure, very different. I think everyone needs to be on alert and watch closely, but let's not count them as out of business tomorrow. We saw that before, didn't we?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Oh I agree, didn't mean to sound as if they were gone and lost forever. I do believe however that whoever it is needs to right the ship because they can not withstand too many billion lost quarters in the future

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Oh I agree, didn't mean to sound as if they were gone and lost forever. I do believe however that whoever it is needs to right the ship because they can not withstand too many billion lost quarters in the future
    I wasn't referring to your comment as I agree with it, wholeheartedly.

I was more referring to the article and the many "reports of my death" so to speak. There's no doubt that bleeding/hemorrhaging like that cannot be sustained. Period.

Bottom line, yes, the ship needs to be righted, without question. Can the company be "re-invented" so to speak? Offering new services, in a different business, etc.? I don't know. Can they recover and still be viable with the service they offer now? I think so. Apparently they need new devices. OK, is that feasible with R&D, start up costs, barriers and costs to entry and market? I don't know. So can they do this? Yes, I think they can. Apple did, and they are a market leader today -- yet they were in sad shape before. I don't know what it takes, but I don't see a company taking it's last breath -- at least I don't see that right now.

+ Reply to Thread