+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...y-Tablet-to-be... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry Tablet to be Revealed at Developer Conference! New OS f

Advertisement

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Holy Hell!!!! if this thing comes to AT&T I'm jumping ship dawgs... Will it fit in my pocket?
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Holy Hell!!!! if this thing comes to AT&T I'm jumping ship dawgs... Will it fit in my pocket?
    I wouldn't say that just yet, lets see what this can do first.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I wouldn't say that just yet, lets see what this can do first.
    Agreed. It does look cool though.

At 7" -- it will be hard to fit in a pocket, but I really hope there's an option to put a sim chip. I would love to be able to use it as a phone too without having to do SIP hacks to takeover my current cell number (currently doing w/ my iPad)

One thing that concerns me about the article is that they will change the BB OS. Yes, it's outdated. Yes, the browser sucks. But the blackberry is good at exactly what people love about it -- messaging (email, sms, twitter, facebook, etc..etc..etc..) I hope they don't ruin that and make it need 4-5 clicks to just send an email.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Is it me or does the "Blackberry" look fake?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Check this out :

Check out: "WSJ says BlackBerry tablet could be announced as soon as next week" - www.engadget.com http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/21/w...get-iphone-url The Wall Street Journal is saying that RIM's now very close to being ready to show off this long-rumored tablet they've been cooking up -- and the public unveiling could come as early as next week when the company will be holding its Developer Conference in San Francisco. The QNX operating system rumor is apparently correct, as is the talk that the only means of connectivity will be WiFi and tethering through a BlackBerry; in other words, you won't need a dedicated service plan for the tablet and it won't be sold on contract (good call). The manufacturing wizards at Quanta are rumored to be on tap for manufacturing it with some sort of Marvell power under the hood, and even if the tablet ultimately fails Foleo-style, it could still be a huge launch: WSJ's sources are also saying that RIM will end up migrating all of its phones to QNX in the long term.

As for the name? WSJ doesn't seem to know, though it does report that "BlackPad" is being thrown around internally; we're kind of partial to "SurfBook" ourselves, especially since "BlackPad" will make it tough to sell the thing in any color other than black. Seriously, who wants an orange BlackPad? Follow the break to sound off in the poll!

What should RIM's BlackBerry tablet be called?

BlackPadSurfBookPlease, anything but BlackPad or SurfBookVote

Source: WSJ

-------------------------------

This article came from the Engadget iPhone App, which features everything from the latest smartphone news, to reviews and hands-on looks at laptops, HDTVs, gaming, and more. To learn more about the app or download it go here: http://www.engadget.com/downloads/iphone

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE
    I'm curious to see it but I love me iPad

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I love my iPad too, but if BB gives me an alternative I´m gone ... always liked blackberries instead of apples. The skin sticks to my palate...
    Hey Raton, my prediction WILL come true: You´ll soon be back to BB big time. The bug bites !

+ Reply to Thread