+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...rry-Style&... Smartphone News forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Article: Blackberry "Style"

Advertisement

because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

So, I guess we can assume, by your subtle hints, that you don't like the way this flip looks? Lol!

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't see the point of it. Why not just get a curve 8520 or something? it bottom half looks exactly like it. Just sayin...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You would think that RIM would learn something by the great success (tongue in cheek) of the original flip berry that this concept isn't going to fly.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I don't agree w/ the "hideous" comment, but i do agree that at this point, why make it flip? If you look carefully, there is TONS of wasted space on the bottom and top (of the bottom part), and quite a bit on the screen.

I still think the bold 9700 is the perfect size. Slimmed phone/light (feels like a regular phone), but still amazing keyboard size.

I agree with you Ventz, its just not something you would look for in a blackberry. And honestly, have you ever seen any other clam shell/flip phones that have a full keyboard?

I truly think RIM is slacking on their designing team. They don't really have any new ideas. Besides the Playbook, which is a whole other department, I don't think they have any good ideas left.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep. It's somewhat disappointing (again) to see RIM apparently struggle for something new in the marketplace and fail. They fall farther and farther behind and IMO they're wasting money that should be spent on development of an all new technology. I wonder if the "Black Pad," or whatever it's called, will be another disappointment when it comes out in 2011? (I hope not)

Great conversation piece though - - imagine cracking open that baby in front of your friends, one of them yells "Where the heck did you get that ugly thing?!? Center of attention, if not anything else - -

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    C'mon......I know y'all are closet flip-phone addicts.....admit it! You're just salivating at the prospect of having one of these in yer hot l'il hands!

Seriously, I'd need to see one up close and handle it myself to make a final determination, but thankfully I'm not with Sprint, so that won't be happening any time soon.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have been waiting for RIM to consider the slider patent pic that's floating around or sending them my Touch Pro 2 with a note to consider that form factor LOL

Erica, I'm kind of surprised they didn't build the Torch that way. Could've had a larger screen with that form factor.

Hope they do step up to the plate with something new and truly innovative, but they're sure taking their sweet time.

Roger, I think the emphasis of the company is switching from form factor to two things: the new QNX os and the PlayBook. That's where they're hanging their hat now. Hopefully these are successful and will carry BB through, but there may not be enough time - BlackBerry may be barely hanging on a year from now, like Palm is now . . .

Mark, that seems to be the thought process/fear of many of us die hard BlackBerry users. They certainly do seem to have fallen behind the 8-ball in terms of the competition. I mean, even I, a long-time BlackBerry devotee, am considering switching to an iPhone on my next upgrade, so they have until next May to blow me away with something new and fresh.

I dont see that happening Roger, they just don't have it anymore. The closest they came to something new for them was the rumored Storm with the slide out keyboard.

You may be right, gets......I hope you're not, but it's a distinct possibility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast