+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richmo58

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...illion-dollars... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: BlackBerry sold by Fairfax Capital for $4.7 billion dollars

Advertisement

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Don't think some people will be happy at $9 a share but and offer is an offer. Lack of anything else who knows.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I think the sooner the better for everyone on BB changing hands

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    This one beats the attempt by Laziridis apparently. He wanted to buy and make BB a privately owned company. At this point I don't know which would be better.
    Right now, it's a damn shambles by the looks of it.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I so hate to say this, but R.I.P BlackBerry.

I've had two consumer devices, the Pearl 8100 and the Curve 8900, but now I'm on my second Android. Those two BB's, at least from a quality standpoint, were the best phones I've had. (Other than having to take the ball out and clean it once in awhile) When my last contract came up this spring, I wanted to give BB 10 a good look, but the apps weren't there and I thought they priced themselves way over what they should have. I think to make a big splash in the consumer market, they needed to practically give the devices away. Get the platform into the user's hands, hook them and make your money with the upgrades. I guess they didn't have the resources to invest like that in their future and the iOS and Android juggernaut just completely buried them. I thought they'd at least be able to have a good scrap with Microsoft for a respectable third place, but it looks like the white flag is waving.
    RogerG likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's time to remember. It's usually like this unfortunately. Within a few years it's a forgotten memory. I owe BB quite a bit. It it wasn't for BB (and then PinStack by extension) I'd probably be a smartphone idiot today. I owned all the Curve series, the 9000 (that was quite a phone at the time) then came the 9700 series, also the Pearls in all formats including the shell, soon after the Torch (wow, that was the start of the downfall I think) and then 9900, which was a spectacular phone, the best. The Z10 was too late to little. By that time my interest on BB phones had dwindled into curiosity, just that.
    The latest models weren't encouraging at all from my point of view. Now, it's the end.
    And I do feel sorry for the BB diehards. It's not over though.
    If their current BB phones will last and function as my "collectors items" do, then they'll continue, as much as I do, and enjoy those golden days.
    There's no way now, that I'll ever get rid of my 7290, the 8707, the 9000 or the 9900.
    I'll be reminiscing like the best of you for a while yet.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    The 9900 was one of the best Blackberries. Think tomorrow on my trip into town I'm going to get a new SIM and switch back to 9900 from the WP. Unless they have the adapter to put this SIM in the 9900. I've missed one too many text messages with the windows platform and while reading a text it reboot itself again today. The 9900 was the most stable phone I think I've ever used

You can get a sim adapter, Ben, but you're better off with the right-sized sim. I still think you should look into a Note 3.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Your're right Del, BlackBerry and PinStack is why I'm here today. I have no regrets, never made it to the 9900 Ben but the I felt the same way about my 9700.

Loved my 9900, but got it right around the time I switched to the iPhone. There was no comparison.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the memories, Blackberry.

8100, 8800, 9550

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just wondering. Will 'blackburied' have a new meaning now that it's all over

+ Reply to Thread