+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By PapaMag

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...4M-subscribers... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry ships 2.7M BB10 devices, but loses 4M subscribers

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Of course BGR paints an even bleaker picture in their article.

http://bgr.com/2013/06/28/blackberry...loss-analysis/

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Of course, but they are I personally will be looking very hard at the options prior to replacing my phone, the Q10 is on my list but not necessarily at the top at the moment, plus the latest announcement about the Playbook is not helping.. I have to consider what I will be most comfortable with for the next 2 to 3 years.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ z10. No doubt. It's the MGBGT of smartphones. With airborne horns!
    La Cucaracha...

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Say what you will. I like the look of that Q10.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Say what you will. I like the look of that Q10.
    Nobody ever said it wasn't a great looking device. Is it enough to compete with the likes of Apple and Android? If you're a BB devotee, then it probably is. Plenty of people have adopted the Z10 and I'm sure those who want the physical QWERTY keyboard will rave about the Q10. It's just that when you've experienced an iPhone or a top-notch Android device, and the capabilities thereof, a BlackBerry no longer makes the grade.
    chokem likes this.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    cRapple has "STOLEN" this market and will continue too as long as people support them. Its not like RIM has only BlackBerries in that basket. Jus like Google doesnt have just Android. All of these Techs know exactly what new tab, phone, PC, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, is comin and from whom and where.
    Its all in timing.... Thses companies hafta have an overhead. And they do, so big that they know What will be out in 5 yrs down the road. If that bad a$$ device in 5 yrs came out now they would lose those 5 yrs of profit margins and overhead of piddle stuff to throw in the middle, like filler. Ex....iPhone 1st Gen, they knew they cud do the 5 then. Wud u still have bought the Iphones in between? Nope. Its all a market to get the most outa u every 2 yrs!!! Its what u want, its ur money sooooo buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    cRapple has "STOLEN" this market and will continue too as long as people support them. Its not like RIM has only BlackBerries in that basket. Jus like Google doesnt have just Android. All of these Techs know exactly what new tab, phone, PC, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, is comin and from whom and where.
    Its all in timing.... Thses companies hafta have an overhead. And they do, so big that they know What will be out in 5 yrs down the road. If that bad a$$ device in 5 yrs came out now they would lose those 5 yrs of profit margins and overhead of piddle stuff to throw in the middle, like filler. Ex....iPhone 1st Gen, they knew they cud do the 5 then. Wud u still have bought the Iphones in between? Nope. Its all a market to get the most outa u every 2 yrs!!! Its what u want, its ur money sooooo buy it.
    Nice to see you, C!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I was about to say the same. Welcome back, sooner!

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Nobody ever said it wasn't a great looking device. Is it enough to compete with the likes of Apple and Android? If you're a BB devotee, then it probably is. Plenty of people have adopted the Z10 and I'm sure those who want the physical QWERTY keyboard will rave about the Q10. It's just that when you've experienced an iPhone or a top-notch Android device, and the capabilities thereof, a BlackBerry no longer makes the grade.

Agreed. I think that it's hard to compete with either of those two for anyone. Apple is Apple. They have the best if not the only complete ecosystem on market. It's hard not to like their products and how seamless everything works together. Android, they have the widest range of smartphones with so many different flavors. There isn't a lot of feature phones available anymore. So people moving up from those, that don't want to spend the $200+ dollars for a high end Android or iPhone, choose the free ones. So where does Windows phone or BB fit in? It's hard to justify spending $200 on a phone that doesn't have the apps and is a bit of an unknown at the moment. BB has been promising things for a long time and haven't came through. At the price they want for it, they're competing with the iPhone,Note2,S4,HTC One. If you had to only have one phone, and most do. What makes you choose the BB over those other proven phones? BB needs to have a hard look at that question.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    BlackBerry's problem for a long time is they put their eggs in one basket, as we all know that will not work out well profit wise for anyone for long. They do not support their products well after release. They have been bugging me as a BB vendor for a month to take their Vendor Survey so they can get an idea of what to work on. I don't think they will be bugging me anymore now that I have filled the survey out. They are too far behind, can't compete, and I see a sale coming in the future.
    chokem likes this.

+ Reply to Thread