+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...lly-worthless’... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry said to be destined for breakup, phone business called

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    well, at least we had cool apps that lit up trackballs....

and have you re-sent your service books lately?

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did Del write the report? Actually I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 3 now after years of Blackberry and I'm amazed at the hoops I am having to jump through to get this phone to do what Blackberry does so well. I notice hundreds of apps on the Android and 2/3rds of them are goofy cheap non productive play toys. It seems you have to go through a process to do basic things like find a password lock box that you can copy and paste pages of info to that has an option of saving it to the cloud or on the device. Or look high and low for something like memo pad that you can copy and paste to and from and import multiple lists. And incryption of text or email sends you looking through dozens of apps that is very time consuming (for an old guy). I love the Sammy camera and miss the Berry keyboard. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Blackberry but the truth of their ad campaign hit me when I tried Android, "Blackberry, when you want a tool and not a toy"......

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    hear! hear! on the trackballs that light up

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^that is sad we have both left BB I will have to agree about notifications (however I am finding it quite relaxing to not jump and answer e-mails in the evening and at weekends

Windows is quite close to BB like using your desktop which is good

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    never really saw this coming to bb, even though in my opinion they made inferior products, it's just that I never thought that a massive international company would be able to experience this. even though I do not like bb products too much I would still never wish this on any company...except sanrail, though I wish sanrail crashed and burned (sanrail is the company that charges us digitally for using our own roads which we already pay a massive Levi for. we export our petrol to Zimbabwe and Mozambique, petrol sells there for about R6 per L and in RSA we pay nearly R13 per L)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...complain, complain KTW. Yeesh! Come over and pay 1,60€ per litre - that's R22,04 per litre. Wanna come over?
    Regarding BB, it's a sad state affairs. But that's the world we live in today, in this business or any business.
    Today it's BB, tomorrow who knows. Correction, 2008 was BB. Since then nothing was really made to counter this downfall.
    Pity, because it's always the consumer that has a lesser choice. Nostalgia will not make anything or anybody resurrect.

KTW
    and live in a first world county del ? where do I sign to get citizenship for Portugal ?

also what is the average salary/wage for a domestic worker or cleaner ?

agg, forget it, my opinion of SA will never change, it's a,free for all. Cops take bribes. (murder someone. pay the officer R200 and you get away Scot free. it wouldn't surprise me that SA supplies terrorists with aid and weaponry...integrity is a concept we have long forgotten, we no longer flush public toilets after we use them, we carelessly push shopping trolleys into cars, no one cares anymore, people throw their garbage all over as they walk, why just the other day (2 days ago) my uncle wakes up and finds his house electronics and credit cards stolen, with his dog dead (poisoned meat was thrown over the wall)

ok....rant over
    Last edited by KTW; 08-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Minimum wage 500Euro. Average 850Euro. Stay where you are!

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I have the q10, and my only complaint is the cost. Otherwise, an extremely solid phone. It's a great feeling to have a phone that is solid built, works really well, has one of the best speakers on the planet, and actually makes calls + gets email.

The OS could use a TON of work, but lately, I just wanted a great "smart phone" (as opposed to the portable computers that I constantly carried).

I think the #1 mistake that all the manufacturers are making is that they are focusing so hard on beating each other, that almost no planning goes into the core features - build, reception, call quality, volume, speaker/mic placement, etc...
    KTW likes this.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Minimum wage 500Euro. Average 850Euro. Stay where you are!
    relax, I'm not invading Portugal. what we're you thinking ? that I'd take an overloaded boat and then crawl under a fence or something ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Not at all. Youse wouldn't dose that.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    we no longer flush public toilets after we use them
    I was going to suggest moving in with cooley until i read this...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hum, yeah...no.
    Too many personalities for me.

Emma would kill him....

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I was going to suggest moving in with cooley until i read this...

Hey Cap, where were ya last weekend?? Was in Nashville, plenty of booze and more bachelorette parties than I've ever seen in one night. Even in Vegas!! Good times!! Missed ya bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast