+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...(10M-In-A-Day)... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry’s Bad Timing Buries Its Own Flicker Of Good News On BBM

Advertisement

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everyone I know that downloaded BBM is loving it and the people that like Apple are the ones listening to Ipad news. No big swing in product here. As far as unsold inventory, what about the slow sales of Iphone 5C? Is it the first step in a downward direction, or just the up and down motion of the wireless world? If anything Natasha we are fortunate to be living in such an action packed wireless world, which sort of started in 2003 with Blackberry.....

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    Everyone I know that downloaded BBM is loving it and the people that like Apple are the ones listening to Ipad news. No big swing in product here. As far as unsold inventory, what about the slow sales of Iphone 5C? Is it the first step in a downward direction, or just the up and down motion of the wireless world? If anything Natasha we are fortunate to be living in such an action packed wireless world, which sort of started in 2003 with Blackberry.....
    What?????????? Slow sales of the 5C??????????????? Are you only reading BGR??????
    LMAO at that assessment.

As fare as BBM is concerned. It's doing quite well. We can always say shoulda,coulda,woulda, but the fact remains that they have don equate well in their release and that people TRUST their product. THAT'S HUGE. It's only going to get bigger, and only if they want it to. They COULD conquer the market with BBM by releasing a iPad app, a Mac app, and a Windows client. Only then would be able to reach and persuade people to use it as their messaging app. iPhone and Android isn't enough.

BTW, save your sentimental feelings about BB in 2003 when Apple changed the world in 2007 and Samsung made it certain this was the future in 2012.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Describe slow sales!!!
    BlackBerry can be very successful with BBM if they follow through like BP41 says and expand and not stop support and expansion like they have done with alot of their products.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and they get rid of bugs. After so many years experience it's amazing they never get anything close to being right. It's a pity.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    It's working pretty well for me. What bugs are you experiencing Del?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    After yesterday's update it on and off. It's got a life of it's own.
    Edit: uninstalled and reinstalled. Seems different. Quicker.
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-27-2013 at 02:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Must be a user thing Del, it's pretty quick and works great for me

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah, bad and stormy winds across the Atlantic...
    I unistalled it and reinstalled it again. I noticed there was a update (bug fixes) immediately after the installation. It seemed faster straight away. And it hasn't shut down yet. So, things are looking up.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    5C slow sales reported by Xbit Labs, CNBC, Mashable.com, WLTX.com, Bloomberg, theatlanticwire.com, fudzilla.com, investors.com ect ect. BP41 you should really read more than apple.com to get a wider view of the world. Sentiment has nothing to do with Blackberry in 2003 my friend. That's called history and it won't change with multiple question marks .....

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    5C slow sales reported by Xbit Labs, CNBC, Mashable.com, WLTX.com, Bloomberg, theatlanticwire.com, fudzilla.com, investors.com ect ect. BP41 you should really read more than apple.com to get a wider view of the world. Sentiment has nothing to do with Blackberry in 2003 my friend. That's called history and it won't change with multiple question marks .....
    No one has actual sales numbers from the the 5C. Just estimates. Those estimates put the 5C around 3million units sold(not shipped) over the opening weekend with sales numbers growing closer in ratio from 3/1 to 1.8/1 vs the 5S. I'd say that's far from slow. Most "news" outlets want Apple to play in the cheap market and Apples not doing that. They're trying to compare a non existent device to one that's actually in production. They're saying IF Apple produced a cheap iPhone they'd be doing this or that. You just can't look at it like that. Because well, one exists and one doesn't. If you look at 4S sales vs the 5C then it clear the 5C is doing its job by capturing the $99 market quite well.

What jon of these sites has taken into account is looking at the future of Apple. They look at today and Apples looking at tomorrow. Apple getting its supply chain in order to produce two models at a high rate is looking at next year. I think we can all agree that we'll see the next iPhone with a larger screen. There is however a huge demand for the iPhone in its current size. That means that Apple will be producing two models again next year and releasing them at the same time as they did this year. They're preparing for that this year and getting things in order. It's looking at the future.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Uhm, out of curiosity, is bbm generating any revenue?
    (I don't know if it had ads or not cause I block them). I'm wondering just how this app does anything more than put their name out there and provide nostalgic trips for nn fans. Am I missing something?

As for the app, I stand by it being redumbdant (intentional).

SMS is free, as is MMS. There are quite a few apps that are already available that one could choose. I'm sticking with Hangouts (especially since I don't use apps like this often), Cad is sticking with Kik. From my jaded shack on the hill I don't see why its a big deal.

As for downloads, is that number single installs or does it include multiple (cause I did it twice)?

I'm sorry, I know we have roots in bb, but I'm not tripping myself up going down memory lane over an app that is nothing special and by a company that's shown it can't control its servers (see weeks to actually launch + wait list) and may be bought soon. I see this as a "Look what we did Ma" moment and little else.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    jfcooley - SMS is not free, and it's only next to free in the US. If you look at where apps like Whatsapp are popular, it's in all the countries where "unlimited" SMS costs as much as buying a new XBOX every month.

The issue with BBM imo is that it's too late to the game, doesn't bring anything significantly new/different, and doesn't have the user base (compared to FB chat or Google -- and I HATE google Talk/Hangouts btw, it's broken in many ways)

As a lot of my friends have said, the big download wave is nostalgia by everyone who did have a BB, from work or personal. 10-15 years ago, there was a massive need for texts, group chat, etc.. Now, we have new protocols, new apps. As you said, SMS and MMS (super broken) do almost everything natively. In the US they are next to free (included now "for free" with a plan). BBM needs to bring something significant to the game to stay alive AND stay ahead.

I think the commotion will die down soon.

Almost everyone I know has downloaded the app, tried it out, sent a few invites, and then has stopped using it a few days later.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I would have to agree ventz, I can't see much reason to keep the app. Hooked up with an old friend then was invited to a group chat which I quickly decided was stupid to be a part of as all group chats and groups I've ever been in. Got out of the group and will probably drop BBM soon

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was being a bit hasty. I forgot that sms/mms isn't free everywhere. Other than that I stand by the rest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast