+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...OS-7.0-Coming!... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry OS 7.0 Coming!

Advertisement

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I was kinda hoping QNX OS would be on the new BB touches, like the rumors made us believe. Oh well I guess thats what I get from believe the rumors too much.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's what all the leaked specs led us to believe. They can call it whatever they want as long as the new devices have it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ as usual RIM will keep you hanging on to the ledge for some time.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think it is more based on the fact that the super duper new devices will have additional hardware options such as a compass and this NFS (or whatever its called function), plus the gyro onboard, all items that the OS will need to handle but will not be available in our old fuddy duddy devices. I hope that they continue updating the vs 6 for us poor folks who cant afford the new hardware

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I've been a BlackBerry kinda guy for a long time through thick and thin, but I've just about had it. I'm thinkin it's time to move on

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    the new monaco will supposedly have all those new fangled dodads which is why Im wondering if Ill get QNX on the monaco when I get it. And to be fair there have been several instances of rim giving major OS upgrades to past devices. I had the 5.0 OS i think on my pearl( or was that 4.5?? IDK), well that initially had 2.4 I believe ( its been a while) One of the main reasons you can install certain new os's on older hardware is cuz the hardware physically cant support it. Either they dont have memory space or they cant handle the new demands of the OS. Which you really cant blame thats like getting pissed off that you cant upgrade your atari 6400 (yes I know Im dating myself) to have the same features as the ps3.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Remy, how old are you ?

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    old enough and samrt enough to not answer that question lmao

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok. That´s old !

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I postdate the atari, go back to slide rules and building my first electronic calculater which was the envy of all my friends . It's truly amazing how far technology has changed over the years. I remember going to a lecture in the late 60's stating that you would be able to give computers voice commands one day, and that memory for the computers would be built on DNA strings. Well we can give voice commands today, but it did not happen as quickly as they thought it would.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    ya know I dont care what the OS the BB touch ships with all I know is Im gonna be pissed if I cant upgrade to the QNX when it comes out.

+ Reply to Thread