+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Milan-Canceled... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry Milan Canceled

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well the model was not 100% confirmed, and it may be redesigned and released again later. As Mark states in the article this was a possible design, and these things come and go, look at the Apple IPhone 5, all the sneak pictures that came out, everyone was expecting it, right down to cases being shipped, yet it didn't happen. I don't blame Apple for this, no more than I blame RIM for the Milan, it is more someone trying to get a scoop and publishing on the internet, we see it with news, we are bombarded everyday with so much information it is difficult to find what is true and what is not. Watching the Republican Caucas last night which was incredibly close the talking heads were suggesting that Santorum should come out and say he had won long before the results were known (probably so it would give them something to talk about). We all have to be careful about what we read/believe and discuss. It's good to see rumours if for nothing else but to start the cogs moving, but we should not get too upset if the rumours don't pan out.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's good news that this device was cancelled. Anyone buying this would be under mass ridicule from their peers. It's absolutely hideous.

A blessing in disguise.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Rumor or no rumors, new phones or not any, RIM better come up with tangible stuff. If you guys notice, nothing is forthcoming from the company, except "investigations", news on the Laz & Bas "partnership", and so on and so forth. All negative, and it's no use blaming the tech sites . Damn, RIM news has been so rare over the last two years that anything coming from Canada can be branded, well, apparitions...
    Come to think of it....the BB Porsche Design is the only thing that came out lately. And we all know what we think of that one... !

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well in the end if RIM goes under it will hurt all their employees and shareholders, those who have BB's will replace them with another smartphone, after all it is an object which eventually gets replaced, nothing we say here will change RIM's direction. They may even slowly move out of the phone market and concentrate on the enterprise side it remains to be seen.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    The latest rumor is that RIM plans to license their BB10 to other hardware manufacturers. http://www.bgr.com/2012/01/05/rim-re...tc-and-others/

I do not see that as being the answer to their problems. The hardware is not the problem for RIM; the software is the problem. Consumers are not leaving BlackBerry because the hardware is bad; consumers do not find the software or apps compelling.

If people do not want BBOS on a device made by RIM, why would they want BBOS on a device made by HTC?
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread