+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 3 Post By Capdot

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...nges-in-filing... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: BlackBerry lays bare its decline, challenges in filing Read more:

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Oh heck, now it's my turn. I'm gone. Outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Oh heck, now it's my turn. I'm gone. Outta here!
    You're outta here? Out of where?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    ???

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I usually post these. So when the flack starts I'm outta here!
    Roger can be blamed.
    RogerG likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Blame??? we here at PinStack don't lay blame do we? What flack here on PinStack, I hardly think so

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    If yoi start from the bottom and read to the top it kinda sounds positive.

I encourage all berry lovers to read it this way so it ends with "BlackBerry is still a public company"

And they said all my posts were "trash"... Psh.
    Tech Idiot, RogerG and Delfim like this.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get all that...I just want to see the real direction of the company. Reinvent? Slight change of course, new, different services, etc...or we're digging in and we're going to keep going. I don't know what it takes and costs to bring a device to market, but if that's what it takes, then get going. I am hearing the 10-series fell far short of expectations, but I don't know. Not sure about the other new one either. Guess their tablet didn't do well either. OK. Why not? Adapt, and keep going.

On the other hand, you didn't have to go to Wharton to learn...if you are losing money...you ain't gonna make it up on volume. (LOL).

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    What's certainly sad is that the admin of BB knowing the mistakes that were made by Ballsie and Laz, still perpetuated their beliefs. Now I'm saying this because I suspect Heinz and his new buddies couldn't do much from word go but to keep plodding with what RIM had. You can't, in the short term, change the route of a project and all the infrastructure that is involved. The best you can do, really, is maintain what you have and as quickly as possible introduce new infrasctructure and new methods until it overshadows and takes over what was used, and was the custom and lore at RIM.
    All this is fine. Except for the fact that this branch of tech industry (smartphones, communications, software) change on a whim, so whatever changes may have been envisioned when Heinz took over, and after having kicked out Ballsie and Laz from the organization, their plan was already outdated. When BB10 hit the market (and this after 2 years of talking about Q10), the concept was already doomed. The opposition had changed, evolved and clearly dominated the market. There's new stuff coming out at a fast and furious pace. BB10 couldn't match this. Still can't.
    Another point. The CEO or any member of the admin team Heinz put up were very aware of all of RIM's problems right from the start. They knew that they were grasping at the small good things RIM had, and the original BB ideal of what their OS represented. With this, they also knew that BB days were going to short lived. They knew that.
    That didn't stop them from wasting money frivoulously (jetliners and the like), all the perks afforded them, the bonuses, and the best of all, the amount of cash the CEO and his team have guaranteed if the shareholders decide to kick them out in lieu of their dismal management display.
    If unfortunately BB is dead, or just about dead, this is a case of the management of the organization now putting on their undertaker dove-tail suits and claiming whatever there still is, for themselves.
    But that's business.
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-03-2013 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread