+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-it’s-official... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry going private: What does it all mean now that it’s offi

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Funny how when we lambaste BlackBerry we get crap from diehard users. Why doesn't CB get the same treatment? PinStack saw the writing on the wall years ago and we were abandoned because of it. Well what do you think of us now all you naysayers?? Turns out we were ahead of our time, don'tcha think?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Maybe there was too many BlackBerry diehards on their staff, and look who's behind the times now

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    It's not crap Roger, it's useful exchange in the world of healthy debate. More thinking takes place in the heat of a discussion, and you must remember that ya'll got the masses hooked on Blackberry in the first place. So in real time, your readers were actually fighting for your former selves. Picture you running and jumping on a wild horse, then tearing through town yelling "follow me, I've seen the future!" Many who had just helped you build the town, couldn't follow because they had just rented a house on a two year lease.....So see it's all good because you came back for us and now we're ready to ride!
    RogerG likes this.

Kyle pops in with a rogue post and exits just as fast. Love ya, man.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    And rogue post maybe but a very astute one all the same , love the analogy!
    RogerG likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Kdaddy is always to the point. Nice.
    With the yo-yo of the tech business as we know it, today it's BB to be in the (negative) limelight. And we can remember others, past and recent, that have gone through the same or are busy going through transformations. Case in point: Nokia. The writing was also on the wall early on for WebOS, Ericcssson, Siemens and other Japanese names that have, now, faded into the background. And there's nothing to guarantee that the present kings of the mountains won't suffer the same fate in years to come.
    There's a difference with BB though, and that was we all saw it coming. This "BlackBuried" moment (coining a phrase from our good buddy ion a island in the Pacific Ocean) , has been a very long wake: everybody has had time to get well soaked. And nobody, especially the diehards like our friend Kyle, even thought of carrying an umbrella to the funeral. Regarding CB, well if they were funded by BB or in someway "supported" by BB, especially regarding the smartphones they tested and wrote about, and the reciprocal support they afforded BlackBerry, it's time now for them to look elsewhere.
    PinStack was never, and still isn't "supported" by anyone or anything or any big gun tech company. Heck, PinStack is owned by Escalate Media and Women's Forum. I don't know about their subservience to anything tech. They've never ever conditioned our editorial writers or hinted at what we should talk about. Or defend, as is the case of all other tech sites.
    Stackers don't owe anyone anything.
    Admin (RogerG) does what he does on PinStack because he loves what PinStack is all about.
    I speak for all of us oldies here as well when I say WE all love PinStack for what it is.
    I love to contribute, so does Mark. And others like Dave and rdills. Chokem is loaded and heavily pressed with hours of work lately. But he still has time to be a Mod.
    Jay, Cats, Papamag, Raton, BHP ...the list goes on and on.
    It's a vision WE all share.
    Thank goodness that PinStack changed years ago. It did so for a simple reason.
    To keep Stackers together. Regardless of what smartphone or OS they preferred. And for anyone, Stacker or registered visitor, to seek help and get it or to volunteer advice and to be able to write an opinion, to criticize or to lavish praise. Freely.
    Wow, we have a democracy here! Let's cherish it.
    Last edited by Delfim; 09-24-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    RogerG likes this.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I was a Die Hard BB fan. I own a playbook and BB still has a place in my hart. Hopefully with them going private they will put more hart into BB devices and OS to make it great again. They're almost there with the Z10, Z30 and BB10, but like years past the hardware needs more improvement. A Note 3 like device running BB10 would have been awesome. A Z30 built like the Bold 9900 would be great. Now that they're private, they will work harder to give us what we want. Because they're so far behind giving us what we want is the only way to get out of the roadside ditch.

Here's a thought; a BB device running Android with BB10 as a user interface, like Touch wiz, Sense, etc. It's tough but it might work.

We can dream, can't we?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    This is good -- they just carved a niche in the market. I am glad because they make fantastic hardware and very innovative software components. Hopefully by being modernized a bit, things will be great. I see BB as a great "smartphone" player (vs the portable computers like the Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy 3, 4, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    This is good -- they just carved a niche in the market. I am glad because they make fantastic hardware and very innovative software components. Hopefully by being modernized a bit, things will be great. I see BB as a great "smartphone" player (vs the portable computers like the Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy 3, 4, etc...)
    Great point of view. Hope you're right. I keep forgetting that you're sporting a Q10 these days.

+ Reply to Thread