+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...nd-T-Mobile-UK... Smartphone News forum

Article: BlackBerry Curve 9320 now available from Three UK and T-Mobile UK

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    What is the purpose of yet another cheap Curve with another number? Why is there any need of this device? Why not just sell the 9360?
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahahahaha, another curve w/a 3.2mp camera and a FM Radio. Hahahahahahahahaha. This is 2012 right?

Simply put, the Curve sells well in other areas of the world besides North America. It seems dated and underpowered, certainly, but has a market.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I was on a school field trip with my son the other day, sitting next to a woman with a Curve. She said it's what their company provides its employees, otherwise she'd have something else.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I was on a school field trip with my son the other day, sitting next to a woman with a Curve. She said it's what their company provides its employees, otherwise she'd have something else.
    Exactly and that is the case for many, many people still using a BB. If it weren't for being free to use they would not have it. Can you imagine what would happen to RIM if the carrier plans were dirt cheap and people could afford to buy their own device?

If RIM wants/needs to release these things they should do it in the night and not tell anyone. It's not news, it's certainly not helping their image.

PIN/ID
    no more
    If RIM wants to sell a cheap device, in addition to higher-end devices, I can understand that, since there is a market for the cheap devices. However, it would be better to just offer one cheap device. I've lost track of the various model numbers called Curve. There have been 83xx, 8900, 85xx, 93xx models all called Curve (probably over 15 models already). That is way too many. If I lost track of them, and cannot tell the difference between them, I'd guess a lot of other people cannot tell the difference either.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Loop put it best today: Remember this is the company that made it’s name with secure email and then released a tablet that couldn’t do email.

What RIM needs to do is keep quiet for a while so it can work on products that will appeal to consumers and businesses. It is the quality products, not silly marketing campaigns that will win people over.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    No No you are all missing the point this one is really special, it has a button on the side to open BBM, for all those who did not understand how to assign a program to a key, or felt it would take too long to press and hold the menu key to select BBM. This is really special. With something like this it is a sure fire Samsung/Apple killer, after all why on earth would you buy one of those phones with more memory, faster processor many more apps, better camera, when you can buy a phone with a button for BBM, I ask you????
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... And please do remember that BBM is really a hit in the UK.
    Here its mostly for companies. It's not even available in retail.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ... And please do remember that BBM is really a hit in the UK.
    Here its mostly for companies. It's not even available in retail.
    I remember it was a big hit with the London rioters last summer.
    Laura

+ Reply to Thread