+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...on-August-22nd... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry App World 3.0 on August 22nd

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    New app world, new music, preparing for launch of QNX?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Been Beta Testing this one it's more colorful and pretty quick but in the long run app world is app world

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    AppWorld 3 has a nice interface. The problem is the lack of apps. RIM needs to be more friendly toward developers.

I got a survey from Betazone and told RIM such.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I did as well. Took 9 days for them to approve 2 themes and then another 24 to 48 hours before they shows on appworld. If they are that critical on a bb theme I can't imagine how long it takes them on a app

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I did as well. Took 9 days for them to approve 2 themes and then another 24 to 48 hours before they shows on appworld. If they are that critical on a bb theme I can't imagine how long it takes them on a app
    Wow! That is really slow.

I cannot imagine why they take so long, unless the recent job cuts were in that department.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well Laura it sure discourages me from spending alot of time sending in my themes and then wondering for 9 or 10 days if they will even be accepted. I sent two more in just to see if this is a pattern. I hope not

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Well Laura it sure discourages me from spending alot of time sending in my themes and then wondering for 9 or 10 days if they will even be accepted. I sent two more in just to see if this is a pattern. I hope not
    I hope this is not a regular pattern. It would be interesting to see if other theme and app developers also need to wait a long time for approval.

I can understand that many folks would not want to go through long delays if this is always an issue.

RIM needs to do more to encourage developers, especially since the lack of apps is probably the biggest reason why people are leaving BlackBerry for other platforms.
    Laura

Raptor007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I thought BB App World 3.0 was coming out today, or did I miss something. My Bold 9930 keeps prompting me to update to the latest 2.x version, and I say why bother if 3.0 was due today.

Raptor007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I hope this is not a regular pattern. It would be interesting to see if other theme and app developers also need to wait a long time for approval.

I can understand that many folks would not want to go through long delays if this is always an issue.

RIM needs to do more to encourage developers, especially since the lack of apps is probably the biggest reason why people are leaving BlackBerry for other platforms.
    It is annoying and very disheartening that RIM has held up many app developers updates and new apps/themes from launching. I keep reading that iOS developers are unhappy yet they keep marching into the desert in search of the water Apple promises them, yet they can be forced to wait a year or more (Google) all the while Apple steals your idea, icon, logo and overall concepts.

I returned to BlackBerry with very high hopes they would get their act together and so far its the same old game, new OS, yet the backbone (BIS 4.1) isn't rolled out in the US yet, new phones, yet the theme developer tools are ready, again. OS 7 is an updated OS 6.x yet developers are forced to wait for RIM to approve stuff.

I am all for security on my device but perhaps RIM is focusing their approval process in the wrong area. Maybe they should be certifying developers so they can have a faster process for the bigger companies and take some of the bulk apps off the scrutiny pile and this would allow them to actually review the smaller vendors.

If RIM isn't going to listen to their own executives and staff via open letters, then this could be the last call for them, which I hope its NOT.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Just my take, but it seems RIM is already working on the next project when it releases anything new, and as usual the kinks are not worked out. By the time they get Plasmic so we can build themes for the 7.0 devices, they will be into QNX. My blackberry theme sales have dropped of to nothing over the last month. The 9800's was my biggest seller last month not a single theme this month. Hell maybe it's just my themes lol who knows.

I do believe RIM is losing more customers than it's gaining

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ well I hope not as well Raptor007.
    And by the way, welcome to the Stacks Raptor. I hope you'll enjoy your stay !
    Any problem, just holler !

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Welcome ! Delfim , have you heard from Lava girl and how is she doing ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nope, no sign of Lavagirl...I'm sure she takes a sneak on PS. She'll come round, someday.

+ Reply to Thread