+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...away-our-faith... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: For BlackBerry addicts, RIM is 'chipping away our faith'

Advertisement

I, like you Delfim, am "quite weird" in the smartphone world. Maybe it's my age (almost 59). I'm not that impressed or drawn to things because they are new or more shiny. For example, one of the major complaints about my current phone, the 9780 Bold, is that it was introduced too close (in time) to the OS7 BlackBerrys, making it "obsolete" or "old fashioned". I don't care - I'm not interested in whether something is old fashioned, or obsolete, or not cool. I just want something I can use. In my time as a PinStack writer, I've had plenty of experience with Android and Apple devices, and in the areas where they are good, they are much, much better than BlackBerry. However, in my personal purposes for a smartphone (the tasks I need a smartphone to do for me), Android and iOS pale in comparison.However, the sad fact is that I am the weird one. Apple and Android will pummel poor Rim into dust unless something changes. The number of people that agree with my sentiments are few indeed. I just hope that Apple and/or Android and/or Windows Phone come up with a reasonable set of PIM apps and can add some security measures to their devices before RIM goes out of business, so I'll have an option or two for a smartphone purchase in the years to come!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well Mark 2 Pinstack Writers = 2 Weirdos. But as much as I still remain a BB fan, I do worry about their future. The QNX ( or maybe the now newly called BBX OS...) is still a ray of hope...I hope the "weirdos" are right. We'll come back with a vengeance...

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Despite RIM's lack of public comment, an AT&T customer in Cleveland wrote on the CrackBerry message boards that he received a credit on his bill when he called to complain about the outage.
    That's me.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Count me in as one of the "weidos" since that's my iPhone addict brother calls me Only I'm quite younger than delfim and Mark On a serious note, RIM sure had lots of pummeling the past week. It's still not stopping. Outages sure get to my nerves. However, from my side, it's not much of a problem. Gives me time to leave my device home and have a breath of fresh air. But that's just me Keeping the faith

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions http://bit.ly/mSISw

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    poor Rim is getting the beat down of its life for real .

+ Reply to Thread