+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ry-10-Sneak-Pe... Smartphone News forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Article: BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peek: BlackBerry Flow and the Browser on Black

Advertisement

When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good to see you here EA!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Some pretty interesting features I though, from what little we see in the video. Bet Apple is watching for patent issues

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Apple won't sue 'cos RIM can sue back, email BBM search etc.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I´m gone sound off like a devil´s advocate here. I apologize beforehand.
    So BB 10 is upon us. Great! But just so the BB fans (I´m included) can boast, now, that it will be able to do what iOS and Android already have been doing for a while? What has it got that will wow me ? Something ground breaking? Innovative? Or is it just a "lets catch up" with the others so we can try and get our customers back?
    I don´t see iOS and Android users going back just because BB can do "it" now.
    Now is the imperative word. Maybe by the time it launches (expected Feb 2013, but don't hold your breath) the others, and especially Android, have pulled ahead already.
    RIM´s CEO should have taken the stage and dominate it. IMO everything was very dull, superficial and it just appealed to BB sentimentalists. And pre-paid devs.
    The only good news I heard is that BB10 is doing away with the PIN registration. That´s the only forward taking step I heard. And as late as hell too!
    Last edited by Delfim; 09-26-2012 at 10:42 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Elmer and Dave may disagree, but I don't think you said anything the rest of us haven't been thinking, Del.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ahh but you forget Delfim that by February 2013 Android and Apple will have sued each other out of existence

Seriously I believe that BB will have to concentrate on security, display quality, speed, aesthetic appearance, and above all quality to get anywhere with their new system. As my wife keeps telling me the PlayBook is a really good tablet, pity it does not look or feel as cool as the IPad! In this world it is all about looks today, that is why music has gone down hill since MTV came out, in the 60's and 70's album covers were psychedelic you only found out what the bands looked like when you went to the concerts and by then you had already bought into their music.

Today The IPhone is still probably one of the best looking phones available, the Mac Book is brilliantly made the IPad is great to look at, this is 75% of the battle because it is what gets people to part with their money

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez Dave I was expecting a little shakedown from you!
    More than being highly expectant of a BB10 that will really flatten the opposition, I'm worried of a "damp squib" as the English say.
    And I'm affraid from the goings on at the conference, that will be most likely. And yet I hope I´m wrong! Hope!

I haven't seen the i5 up close and personal yet, but I'm having a hard time imagining it compared to the 4S.

If only it had looked like this one Del posted back in June:

http://forums.pinstack.com/content/6...5_concept.html

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^thats was a charmer! Why did Apple go with aluminum? Glass was so good!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think I have given up waiting for something I just don't read the reviews anymore. I still have the torch on OS 6, just got App world working again with the latest Beta, the Playbook is long overdue for an update, OS 6 hasn't been updated on ATT or Telus is over a year, all the efforts are going into BB10, and I ask do I need it, and I am afraid the answer is no, no more than I need an Android or an Iphone, what I have works for what I do. Maybe its my age creeping up on me, or maybe it's because I use too many computers that when I finally need to use a phone I am computered out.

Sorry to say I have given up standing up for RIM

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Wow. Even Dave is throwing in the towel.

Is that a pig I see up in the air?

+ Reply to Thread