+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ealvnv

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ar-Good-Enough... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BlackBerry 10: Good Enough Won’t Be Anywhere Near Good Enough

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    RIM do not know how to do presentations, as stated there is no excitement, they do not flow on stage, it is stilted. Selling today is all about instant gratification, if you cannot catch the attention in the first few seconds peoples attention goes somewhere else they start to look for faults, start wondering why they are there, go to sleep etc.

RIM showing the device Alpha, which is not the consumer model, and the software is still not at consumer level. I can see why they are having these shows for the developers to get them on board so that the software is at a high level for the launch, but for the average consumer apart from some nice little things to have, they will look at their current phone and say it looks nicer, if it cannot do what BB10 can, is it something that would make us change probably not. Changing from Apple is highly unlikely because of the eco system, changing from Android may happen since BB10 can run Android Apps, but even then it would have to be either truly amazing or really cheap to make people sit up and listen.

Yes this is coming from a BB user, who loves the Playbook and thinks BB10 will be a great operating system, I just don't know if they can bring the press on board and get the consumers to buy. Or to paraphrase Delfim, where is the spark of life?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I want so desperately for BlackBerry 10 to be a big improvement... I still to this day...miss my BB
    Thanks delfim

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Stock at $6? Let it remain at that number drop $6,000 and walk away with a nice little sum right after the launch

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice to see you fellas!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm thinkin they better be shooting for great, outstanding, and a real eye catcher with BB10

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i will just say this this, if this was a media event, which wasnt, i would agree with what this article say, but it was instead a developers conference, and from that point of view, being there, i will just say this was a home run for RIM, you just do not see 1500 developers purely, meeting at the same time so often.

I was there and when you see the likes of people from Google, Nokia, HTC heck even Apple in there, you know they are up to something.

As i said before from the developer point of view you have to see the tools, play with them to know what all this meant to us developers, the Dev Alpha is such a great device and if you judge the hardware they are going to release based on this Dev Alpha devices, I would just say they are taking the right path.

I could not tell you what the internals of the device are (not just because of a NDA but because of some other reasons) but believe me when i say is just as good as the Iphone 5, and there i just said it all
    dushdavj likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ And very different take on the situation, as a consumer it gives me a lot more confidence. All I have been seeing are either negative or sarcastic articles on other sites or overly positive articles on the Blackberry site. Here on Pinstack the articles are objective and comments are polite. It is good to read how a developer feels. A good point about the Blackberry Jam. Thinking about itthis would be the same for someone from the general public reading about a geophysical conference. I just hope RIM can generate the same enthusiasm among consumers
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread