+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like ... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Lol. Not sure why that happened. Worth repeating though.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    LOL I should have expected that reply Jay. I was answering why I am still on the BB platform. I have seen so many comments on this forum and others stating bb10 won't get anywhere because it doesn't have the Apps so what should my opinion be. In the end what is it that makes a person like one platform more than another? Is it the shape of the phone? It's ease of use? The clarity of the speakers? The battery life? The camera? The browser? (BB10 apparently smokes all the others on the browser which is why is not mentioned often) Seriously every comment I see in the end comes down to the Apps. So if you are talking about serious business apps BB10 has them, so what are missing? Of course there is far more to it why each of the guys on this forum that I like and respect use and choose the phones you do, I have a feeling that you Jay really enjoy tinkering with that Android and want to get the most out of it, but I wonder what Mr Average chooses his phone, or is it like an interview if you can't impress in 30 seconds you are lost?
    jfcooley likes this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    In answer to you as to why I like my BlackBerry it's purely based on how and why I use it. I am sure if my life revolved around playing games surfing the web knowing what's on at the cinema posting on social networks keeping my children amused I would already have dropped BlackBerry years ago, but I don't. I need email, a secure email a phone that I can trust to work wherever I am in the world whatever the temperature, that's all I need. Having a keyboard is great for me, being able to swap out the battery is also extremely useful and having something that continues to work despite being dropped is also great. A friend of mine had his BlackBerry run over by 5 ton truck in temperatures of -30C, the screen broke but it still started and he was able to recover his data (that was the Bold 9900). Yes I am a dinosaur but the phone fits its purpose.
    how you use it...you mean you like the fact that its simple ? you beating around the bush a bit mate. just be specific.

eg. me with iphone I like the response times (responsiveness) and clean, beautiful UI as well as the fact that its reliable (it never has issue's with any apps,nor have I ever seen a laging or unresponsive iPhone-it just works), high quality apps of its market. excellent camera.

Android: large diversity of apps, unlimited customizability, unmatched features such as live wallpapers and the additional features offered on root. as well as cutting edge hard ware (first 4G phone was a droid, first 3D phones were droids-lg and HTC, first phone with an image projector-Samsung galaxy beam, first quad core tablet, phone- both droids and I could be wrong but I think the first dual core was a droid.)

this is what I mean...strait to the point.
    Last edited by KTW; 02-04-2013 at 02:20 AM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ OK secure email is my requirement I don't need the anything else. My life is busy enough

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    ^^^ OK secure email is my requirement I don't need the anything else. My life is busy enough
    forgive me for asking but I've always wondered how email on a black berry differs from any other device, do you get a black berry email account (blabla@blackberry.com) when you purchase a blackberry ?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its the blackberry seeds. They keep bad guys away.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No KTW, any mail that goes through BB gets encrypted, secured, compressed and (ok, Jay) seeded, sowed and buttoned. That's why bad guys keep away especially the ones with .za. Jay is somewhat right. And no, it's not blah blah @BlackBerry.com. It can be gmail, live, you name it...except .za. For these BB send in their strike teams. That's us.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

But that was because of BES and BIS, which is no longer, correct? Well, I guess BES is, but not BIS.

Personally I prefer the control I have over my device. Nice to have control over something in life.

What do I use my phone for? It varies but essentially its my computer for everything but really intensive tasks. I don't like creating documents on a small device.

With Android, and to some extent a rooted android, I can manage files as I would on a pc. I've done some graphics editing and manage my calendar/schedule. Very light social networking and a lot of text.

I could do all that on a different device, but I'd give up control. My device looks like me, is arranged to function fluidly with the information I want at a glance. When special need strikes its configured easily. I have one homescreen I leave mostly blank so I can add Widgets for anything needed be it for a day/week/month.

My drop down is customized to give me a swipe then tap for anything from changing a frequently used setting to texting/calling/emailing my wife. Again that is easily changed if a need arises.

As for apps themselves its more about what I'm used to and how they fit into how my device works for me. Does it have a widget that makes sense? Will it notify me if needed? Does it fit visually? There are tons of choices, not always on the play store.

Then there's the rom side. I can usually find a ROM that will give the performance vs battery life I'm looking for, and then taylor it with tweaks to fit like a glove. While I run vanilla android, there is very little that's "stock".

Is this for everyone? No. But I'm not alone either.

Editing is a pain with headache but wanted to add that I occasionally make calls with it too.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post

But that was because of BES and BIS, which is no longer, correct? Well, I guess BES is, but not BIS.
    Yeah, you right. Forgot about that. No more BIS. So .za is in.
    No need for a BB/PS covert strike force.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    No KTW, any mail that goes through BB gets encrypted, secured, compressed and (ok, Jay) seeded, sowed and buttoned. That's why bad guys keep away especially the ones with .za. Jay is somewhat right. And no, it's not blah blah @BlackBerry.com. It can be gmail, live, you name it...except .za. For these BB send in their strike teams. That's us.
    don't all phones do that ? I mean that's exactly how packet data works if I'm not mistaken, packet data is used by all phones with a data connection.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The level of security on BB is far higher.

KTW
    fine , fair enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123