+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Agreed about the apps. I am so tired of all the developers just ditching the ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Agreed about the apps. I am so tired of all the developers just ditching the BB. How many times did I see a commercial about a new app made only for Android or Apple. BB doesn't have any support in that respect. I love my 9900 but there isn't anything more I can do with it without any growth. I know that BB is trying their best to get developers on board, but it could take years to get apps up to par and I don't think BB has any more years to spare.
    Delfim and TeriO like this.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What Do Developers Really Think Of BlackBerry 10?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzinga...blackberry-10/

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Gotta chime in here. Please before you all judge try the platform. Mark you, like me, like your Playbook, we'll OS10 is similar to OS 2.1. It's different to the other platforms. IOS is great, lots of Apps, beautiful hardware, so many accessories, yet so in control, so annoying that you cannot easily access your files, that home button really annoys me, which is why I have not dumped my Playbook, add to that it's security, still my opinion. BB10 is the same, it's secure, it integrates with the PlayBook, you can use it as a remote for the Playbook, it has a mini HDMI out it doesn't have a Gorilla glass but the glass touch screen is a single layer a lot thinner than anything else that's out there. As Cornelius stated when Apple and Android were first released they did not have millions of Apps yet everyone is giving it as a reason for not buying. How many apps do you all have on your phones?? When I was looking for a specific app for my wife's Ipad I had a choice of 20, so which to choose, this is for fun.
    Try and see. I want to see BlackBerry survive we will see how they do.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    Before the flaming begin:
    I have been a avid user of Pinstack since 2007 with the 8700c, it really surprises me on how many of you are castigating Blackberry before even using it, and going by a BGR editor we all know how much BGR team hates Blackberry especially Gellar. I noticed most of his editorial did not editorialize all the BIG features the Z10 has to offer.

I am going back to Blackberry as I always do, I have used all the different OSes out there and we all know how much more superior Blackberry really and truly is. I used iPhones and my wife has 3 of them and there is nothing special about them mainly has more apps but IOS is more of a launcher then a OS my wife hates her 4s.

I have used Android nothing special about them either, I hated the fact Google lying to everyone when they tracked people and and sold info about who you called, where you called and lyed to everyone about it.

I am going back to a Blackberry Bold 9000 until the Z10 is released, leaving behind My Nokia N8 which is another great phone. In conclusion we all should try out the Z10 before out it down I know it can atleast match the S G III and the G Note II maybe not to sell as many but it really doesn't have to. I am not sure if you all noticed the other companies are comparing the Z10 to their phones so it looks like they are more scared of it then we all think.

Bruce.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm getting one on Wednesday and for a whole week too. Miracle of so much insistence with a local carrier and the tech engineer that will have a few to play with himself. He does that for his work.
    I'll be doing it for you guys, maybe in a week's time in What I Say.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Nice to hear from you Bruce. Now stick around and be a little more avid!
    Last edited by RogerG; 02-03-2013 at 09:00 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I know it can atleast match the S G III and the G Note II maybe not to sell as many but it really doesn't have to. I am not sure if you all noticed the other companies are comparing the Z10 to their phones so it looks like they are more scared of it then we all think.

Bruce.
    Not flaming
    I disagree with it being comparable to the Note II or S3. Even so the S3 is nearly a year old. To compete with it for the average users hard earned cash then it would have to exceed the S3, and not make the user hope for future updates to gain features present on Android or iOS.

I'm not bashing the company, just being honest. The hope this device brings isn't enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    From the reviews already available, the optimistic ones, and knowing full well what the Android is capable of, even in its vanilla format, the Z10 and BB10 does not match the capabilities or usefulness of this ecosystem. iOS as "tired" as it is does far better.
    Without wanting to patronise, if you add Samsung's unique features (or HTC) to the formula then the BB10's really fade quickly in the back mirror.
    But BB10 is a work in progress, that's the hope. And 4 years almost after QNX was first announced. Now, that's one heck of a long time ago.If RIM didn't manage it in that time, my doubt is, will they ever?
    Maybe be next weekend I'll be able to tell you more.
    RogerG likes this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post
    Before the flaming begin:
    I have been a avid user of Pinstack since 2007 with the 8700c, it really surprises me on how many of you are castigating Blackberry before even using it, and going by a BGR editor we all know how much BGR team hates Blackberry especially Gellar. I noticed most of his editorial did not editorialize all the BIG features the Z10 has to offer.

I am going back to Blackberry as I always do, I have used all the different OSes out there and we all know how much more superior Blackberry really and truly is. I used iPhones and my wife has 3 of them and there is nothing special about them mainly has more apps but IOS is more of a launcher then a OS my wife hates her 4s.

I have used Android nothing special about them either, I hated the fact Google lying to everyone when they tracked people and and sold info about who you called, where you called and lyed to everyone about it.

I am going back to a Blackberry Bold 9000 until the Z10 is released, leaving behind My Nokia N8 which is another great phone. In conclusion we all should try out the Z10 before out it down I know it can atleast match the S G III and the G Note II maybe not to sell as many but it really doesn't have to. I am not sure if you all noticed the other companies are comparing the Z10 to their phones so it looks like they are more scared of it then we all think.

Bruce.
    look I'm not saying I disagree with you but what in your opinion makes black berry better than iPhone and Linux based Android excluding company activities ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    In answer to you as to why I like my BlackBerry it's purely based on how and why I use it. I am sure if my life revolved around playing games surfing the web knowing what's on at the cinema posting on social networks keeping my children amused I would already have dropped BlackBerry years ago, but I don't. I need email, a secure email a phone that I can trust to work wherever I am in the world whatever the temperature, that's all I need. Having a keyboard is great for me, being able to swap out the battery is also extremely useful and having something that continues to work despite being dropped is also great. A friend of mine had his BlackBerry run over by 5 ton truck in temperatures of -30C, the screen broke but it still started and he was able to recover his data (that was the Bold 9900). Yes I am a dinosaur but the phone fits its purpose.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heathy discussions like this is the reason why Pinstack is a daily habit for me.

Taking it all in...

and keeping the faith
    TeriO likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Dave, Dave, Dave. You are always commenting on how all iPhone and Droids are good for are games and web surfing and amusement, like the only serious business tool is a BlackBerry device. Please. You should know better than to insult our intelligence like that.
    TeriO likes this.

Missed that reply. Was busy playing angry birds
    TeriO likes this.

You can say that again.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    He did.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread