+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As you all may or may not know, I don't use data plans so this ... Smartphone News forum

Advertisement

As you all may or may not know, I don't use data plans so this BlackBerry outage did not effect my 9780 Bold at all. And now that the infrastructure of RIM's system has been weakened and exposed so much, I'm glad I don't depend on it, and no matter how slick the salesperson I'm going to keep paying the smaller fees for the same service . . . you can keep the data plans, I'm gonna keep my money.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    Well, it looks like things are slowly coming back online. A battery pull on my non BES 9700 seems to have worked, while my work 9800 and 9000 seem to have resumed close to normal service.Having my email on my BB is nothing more than a convenience for me, and I was at work during the outage, and when I'm not there, I easily log into Citrix or webmail if need be.Interestingly, my users, who get all twitchy if we have to take their devices away for more than a minute, were pretty calm about the whole thing once they realized everybody's BB was down. Unsurprisingly, they got on just fine from their PCs.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, life is good again in BerryLand.Unfortunately, this is something that RIM did NOT need at this stage in the game. They're already treading water. I wonder what affect this had on people who were already on the edge with respect to jumping ship to another platform.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, I'm back online. At last. We don't realize the urgency of living without the services until something like this happens. Over at Apple, iCloud (Mail) and sync are also down. And some friends of mine haven't been able to download iOS5 as well. It happens when you least expect it.
    It's the boogeyman...

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Just started to get my emails again. Hopefully it's over. Outages happen and doesn't mean that Rim needs to give up ship. Lol! If that were true, then Verizon would need to shut down too. Luckily, my Vibrant still received emails over wifi during the outage :-P

JohnMc no está en línea Stack level 3
    My emails started to come in this morning in Ontario.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12