+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ot-Good-Enough... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BB10 Not Good Enough

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm sorry but I have lost the belief that RIM can take a break from technology for as long as they have between the OS7 release, no upgrade to the theme building software, delays on BB10 and hold their share of the smartphone market. I do not believe that they have the ability to compete with Apple or Android. This is coming from a hardcore BlackBerry lover than finally jumped ship.

I'm just sayin

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    in the words of Billy Joel, "Still keeping the faith"

But keeping my expectations at bay until BB10 is out.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I read an article yesterday on how RIM passed on Android because they didn't want to become "one of the herd".

Think about that for just a minute.

In one sense it would be admirable if OS10 were on schedule and amazing. If RIM weren't losing money as fast as I am, and weren't losing support among developers as well. If RIM were dropping new devices that were technologically relevant. If RIM had realized what features were relevant to consumers before they were in trouble.

Now, as it stands, being away from the herd has left RIM exposed. They culled themselves. The big bad wolf needn't huff and puff to blow the house down, RIM is standing alone in the middle of the field...and looking tasty.

A matter of time. Maybe not this year, but soon. RIM will get snatched up or be forced to go hardware only. Will it matter? All things that made Blackberry so popular are done now, some even better. The legendary security is being reeled in. BBM is becoming less relevant to it's users every day. One feature does not make a company.

At this point I'm not sure (in my so humble and uneducated hillbilly opinion) that going Windows or Android will save their bacon. Nokia hasn't done well with Windows, no thanks to Microsoft alienating the crowd that jumped to get the Lumina 900. Android on a Blackberry will be just another Android device but with a keyboard, and a small screen. HTC Cha Cha anyone??

I'm thinking the best bet would be to sell the patents, go home with some change in your pocket and pray all the folks left without a job don't come knocking.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's dismal Jay. Dismal...
    I hope you're not right.
    BB will come back and bite your butt, Droid and all!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wanna bet?

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    (needing a hug)

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Instead of RIM not wanting to be "one of the heard", they should've been planning on how to lead the heard. Oh, that would be Samsung leading the pack, and moving devices by the boatloads.

Android could've have definitely saved RIM. In 2010, Android with a really accurate BB overlay/theme, BBM, BB calendar, email, security, all on powerful hardware would've been very successful. They would be much better off right now. Just a huge mistake in judgement right there.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just had a friend get a new Blackberry 9810 the other day. He liked the nice camera, BB messenger, great map and GPS tools, complete weather apps, the choice of qwerty or digital keyboard, and the many features he didn't have to study a manual to figure out. He was really impressed by Blackberry Desktop Manager, said it was great support and also was simple to catch onto. He also couldn't believe the stress test of the phone on Youtube! Wow, what a tough phone. I guess if you're after a computer with phone capabilities, there are other choices out there but really the 9810 does what it says very well. Good luck on finding a phone that meets your needs, it's a big table with many choices......
    Last edited by Kdaddy; 08-07-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread