+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-BlackBerry-10... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: BB10 101:How to Side-load Android Apps

Advertisement

GNoteUser no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im actually almost tempted to get a new BB, this makes it even more so tempting. Just want to see how the new devices do on the market. I honestly believe RIM will not make it through this year and will be bought out.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I certainly wouldn't spend the 800-1000.00 people are asking for this device right now, though.

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with both of your comments so far: it is tempting, but the price is ridiculous. I'm sure that will change once March hits and it becomes generally available in the US.

The Android angle is most interesting. I'm curious to see what Android apps work on the Z/Q10 and how they perform. Will an application have to be "generic", or will it be able to take advantage of the capabilities of the device? That is, if I bring over an Android app that uses the GPS, or dials the phone, or sends a message, will it work on the BB?

If, lets say, the overwhelming majority of Android apps work on the BB, and work well (I have my doubts that will be the case), wouldn't it make sense for BB to internalize the process described above and provide such a tool with the phone? They could argue their device gives you all of BB, plus a lot of Android. Seems like it could be a big selling point...especially to those that correctly argue there's a lack of apps for the BB. And wouldn't it be nice if there was a BB interface to the Google Play store itself?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Having had the Z10, and seen the apps available for porting from Google Play, Jay´s link, above, mirrors the exact reason why I stated, no thank-you. Porting from Android is NOT ACCEPTABLE, both for the way of quality and the way they function on BB10. It´s phhtttt...meh!
    Firstly, a user on the Z10, one that went back to BB from either Android or iOS will know how the apps functions on these platforms. When he sees what these apps do on BB10, he´s going to be greatly disappointed.
    And he´ll blame someone. And that, rightly, will be BlackBerry.
    Unless they willingly will accept the low, cheap quality apps. I doubt it. They´ll switch back to what they had.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have learned a new term today and I must find what it means.....phhttt...meh. I looked it up and it said "Our women got more than zero". I have learned more from Del than from my own father! Love Pinstack....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez, I didn't know that! We must thank Jay!

+ Reply to Thread