+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...xy-S-III-tests... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Battery life looks promising in early Samsung Galaxy S III tests

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What I still can't comprehend is how the "RAZR" came to market ~3-4 months after rumors, with one of the thinnest android phones in the world, and then to top it off, a few months later came out with a phone that's the same size AND has the longest battery of any android phone. Clearly the technology is there. What this tells me is that a phone that's 2x the size of the RAZR MAXX should have at least 1.5 it's battery life.And I am not one to believe the phone should last more than 1 day -- but it should definitely last ~20 hours with extremely heavy usabe (so that's 20 hours of web surfing or 20 hours of video or 20 hours of phone calls - on 3G/4G/LTE not EDGE.)

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Found a quote from Motorolla about the Droid MAXX and just had to add it:"DESIGN: SERIOUS BATTERY, SERIOUSLY THIN

DROID RAZR MAXX isn’t changing the rules — it’s creating a whole new game, in a full-on assault to what’s possible. At 8.99mm, it’s thinner than most smartphones and it packs more battery, too. Thinner and the longest talk time of any 4G smartphone? The competition doesn’t stand a chance."I think they are absolutely right sadly. If this phone was unlockable/supported by cyanogen/a 'nexus' which received a 'cleaner' OS I would've purchased out of contract already.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Like you say, the tech is there. I don't know why it's not applied all over. Probably a patent issue...
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-15-2012 at 04:08 PM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    What I don't like is talk time being the biggest benchmark. I barely talk on my phone.

One issue with talk time is the radios used. Moto has one of the best radios.
    When the signal is in and out over and over it eats battery. Standby time is lowered as is talk time. I hate to admit it but Sammy often has issues with radios.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley
    What I don't like is talk time being the biggest benchmark. I barely talk on my phone.

One issue with talk time is the radios used. Moto has one of the best radios.
    When the signal is in and out over and over it eats battery. Standby time is lowered as is talk time. I hate to admit it but Sammy often has issues with radios.
    I agree. I rarely talk on a phone either, so "talk time" doesn't tell me much.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread