+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Total-Gimmick... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Assuming The Fingerprint Sensor In Apple's Next iPhone Is Real, It

Advertisement

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Honestly I think having this option on everyday use devices is overkill. I would never use it and personally think its a waste of time and space on my phone. Now for government issued devices or high security company devices I can see it's legitimacy....but out here in the real world no one will care.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Gimmick? Depends on how they use it. If it's just for locking the phone instead of a passcode. Then yes. It'll probably be used as much as Face Unlock is used now on Android. If the 5S has NFC and they utilize passbook. Then no. It'll be the start of the mobile payment system. Apple has failed to get PassBook off the ground other than Travel. Now, if they allow you to put your CC and Bank Cards on it. Requiring you to use your fingerprint to unlock the card it will be useful and people will use it.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I didn't think about that aspect and agree with you....if I had something on my phone worth securing like that then I'd use it.....as is...I have no use.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think that I would use it, even if they made it so that I could put my credit card on it... I would not put my credit card on my phone, so it would not matter for me. At least, that is the way I feel right now and maybe I will change my mind on that in the future. At the moment though, I don't trust that information on my phone. Though, I admit that probably it's the same things as people who don't trust using their CC's on a computer and that I will do.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Speaking of security, can anyone recommend a good password keeper app for 'Droid? Preferably free?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Any of these two are good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.awallet.free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.u17od.upm

I've used the first one. I never had hassles, so I can't tell you about efficiency.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks, Del. Going with aWallet.

+ Reply to Thread