+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...a-paid-Twitter... Smartphone News forum

Article: Are you ready for a paid Twitter?

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Interesting? I've been thinking about deleting Twitter for awhile now due to the unwanted emails, and Ads that appear not to mention all the p0rn attempts that get by as followers.

About two minutes ago I deleted an unwanted, unsolicited email from Twitter telling me about all the interesting things going on I might like to know about. I logged in via web and removed myself from the future stuff but we'll see if that really happens.

I absolutely HATE! Ads. If you need Ads to stay in business your doing something wrong.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Srl --

well it's either ads or directly paid accounts. Or having someone pay your bills. Look at PinStack for example -- they are taking the common approach -- a little bit of free, a little bit of paid (as an option, not a forced), and a little bit of ads.

The question, IMO, becomes how do you integrate your ads. Facebook for example, as of lately, has just nailed it. About 80% of the ads are interesting to me and relevant.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Imagine setting in your living room watching a movie or just reading a book and every 60 seconds there is knock at your door by an Ad company trying to sell you something? You would never be able to watch the movie or read the book.

Ads are an insult.

I will agree Ads have a place but with most everything they are over the top and out of control in an attempt to make money.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Imagine setting in your living room watching a movie or just reading a book and every 60 seconds there is knock at your door by an Ad company trying to sell you something? You would never be able to watch the movie or read the book.
    I don't know... I see the point that you are making and to an extent agree with it. However, it is MUCH easier for me to ignore an add that is online or emailed to me then it would be to ignore a knock at my door.

I am not a big fan of adds either and generally, if I have an option to buy an add free app for my phone, I prefer to pay. I don't think that I would pay for Facebook or Twitter though. Maybe it's just me.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Facebook and Twitter are vying for our attention. Why should we pay them?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I like FB, Twitter, meh, I tweet about once a month.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Adblock is wonderful addon.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I like FB, Twitter, meh, I tweet about once a month.
    I'm the exact opposite. I 86'd my Facebook account over 2 years ago, but I use Twitter regularly.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Adblock is wonderful addon.
    Adblock plus Ghostery FTW!
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    If you root your Android/iPhone device, you can get adblock there too. (AdFree is the best one)

+ Reply to Thread