+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ores-a-big-win... Smartphone News forum

Article: Apple's thermonuclear legal strategy scores a big win

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    A good victory for Apple... and for civilization.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    A good victory for Apple... and for civilization.
    Hardly.
    But again, I'm waiting so I can put more thought into this. I'm not going to make fanboyish rants.

Something is seriously wrong with the patent system. If moto/apple lawsuit swings Google's way I'm sure apple fans will agree. Until then, well......I hope I'm wrong but I currently see this as bad for both of us that spend our hard earned money on either device.

Swim in smugness ifans. Guess its the price of being to wrapped up in this tech world.

Internet is going to be a tough place for Sammy fans for a bit. Glad I got some big boy pants and prefer here.

CombatGOD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Hardly.
    But again, I'm waiting so I can put more thought into this. I'm not going to make fanboyish rants.

Something is seriously wrong with the patent system. If moto/apple lawsuit swings Google's way I'm sure apple fans will agree. Until then, well......I hope I'm wrong but I currently see this as bad for both of us that spend our hard earned money on either device.

Swim in smugness ifans. Guess its the price of being to wrapped up in this tech world.

Internet is going to be a tough place for Sammy fans for a bit. Glad I got some big boy pants and prefer here.

How is this not good???????

I'm assuming you own a samsung device. So do I. If you can't see where Samsung has copied you've got blinders on. This is going to force Samsung(who has the money and capability to do so)to come up with their own ideas. This will be good for us. We are already starting to see this with the S3. So again, how is this not good for us as consumers????

"swim in smugness" ???? What kind of response is that? I'm sure there will be sites and people who will take this and run with it. To generalize anyone who uses Apple products or is a fan. A bit on the child side isn't it.

"Glad I got Big boy Pants" Doesn't seem that way from your previous sentences.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Is bhp back?
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

Apparently.

<sigh>
    Herder go again.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Is bhp back?
    ...mmmmm! Same style and wording.
    But BHP wouldn't do that. He's an ok and proud sorta guy.
    A little controversy is always welcome.
    Wait for my story on the subject. After that I better go into hiding...If it's BHP!

Rebuttal once home.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Hardly.

Samsung has been doing just fine with the S2 and the S3 and lets not forget the Note. Samsung will thrive with this decision. The whole mess regarding patents is easy... it's called licensing.

Apple is going to rest on it's laurels now while the rest of the industry is going to go out and create some damn good product. No losses here, just hurt egos.

Samsung has been doing just fine with the S2 and the S3 and lets not forget the Note. Samsung will thrive with this decision. The whole mess regarding patents is easy... it's called licensing.

Apple is going to rest on it's laurels now while the rest of the industry is going to go out and create some damn good product. No losses here, just hurt egos.
    I agree & disagree Cap. Just can't say much more right now.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

I agree. Real innovation will come from all this. Nothing like having the Asians against a wall. After WWII the Japs copied everything Europe and the US did, and made it better. And sold everything, worldwide, for cheap too. That lasted from the 60´s to the 80´s. Remember? After that they told us what we liked and needed. And we obliged.

I don't want to vent my thoughts further than what I did. But one question needs asking.
    Instead of San José, California, what if the trial was held in a a neutral spot? Would the outcome be the same?

I'm not venturing into nationalist or motherland phobias here. Please don't take it that way.
    But it seems to me there´s a bias in all of this. ´nuff said.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Well where do I begin? The patent laws are set up to protect inventors and entrepreneurs from investing a vast amount of time doing R&D, making prototypes, etc, and then having someone steal it and profit off of it. Flawed system in place? Possibly, but the law is the law, and Samsung got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Let them spend the money and develop their own ideas/products. Just my (and the nine members of the jury) opinion.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Patenting things that existed beforehand.
    9 jurors from apples backyard.......

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Come on Jay.

Let's not let this get ugly fellas.

doesn't surprise people would claim bias jurors or horrible patent system... There is always some type of corruption unless the outcome was to your liking.
    chokem likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast