+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by catstide I'm probably the odd ball here and will be proven wrong ... Smartphone News forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I'm probably the odd ball here and will be proven wrong but I think this is a good move by Apple.

It is a good move. There's no doubt about it. It makes sense and will gain Apple a lot of new customers. Plus iOS7 is great.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    How so? I have to agree that it has to look and feel cheap and I'm sure the improvements are minimal.

supposedly the 5c is just a 5 with colors and a cheaper price. I think it will bring in a lot of users that couldn't afford a new iphone before. colors seem to be the "in" thing.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    This is how RIM started to trend into oblivion...First the colors came out left and right then they slapped some weird numbers to their phones as 9100 9120 9130 8300 8310 8320 8330

Apple is just not doing their thing anymore

Actually, they are doing it more than ever. Apple made the smartphone world as we know it. And they are continuing to refine that product into a better one each year. With iOS7 it's going to be a stellar year for apps and developers. People are only looking at the face of 7 at the moment. Because it's not yet released.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I have no doubt it will sell, iPhones have a tendency to do so, not sure how many new customers it will draw

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    How so? I have to agree that it has to look and feel cheap and I'm sure the improvements are minimal.

Because Apple has to go after the emerging markets. The 5C will sell very well here in the States and UK. Along with the rest if the EU. It fills that gap of a "new" iPhone that's less expensive for those customers that choose Android because of it. That's were Android has it's market share. Not S4 and Notes. The cheap devices that fill the need of $99 or Free to those that don't want to pay for the high end stuff. But it's the emerging markets that Apple has it's eye on. Asia to be specific. Over 51% of the worlds population resides there. With Apple having an event on the 11th in China. It all but confirms that the largest Chinese carrier is now on board with Apple. The 5C will be Apples biggest seller so far due to this region alone.

Steve Jobs may have been a great showman and perfectionist. But it's Tim Cook who's taken Apple to where it's at and where it's going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Watch Apple patent colors...Picasso, Matisse and Rodin better watch this patent troll.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Hater

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Mmm...not really.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    I just wish Apple would make an S4...
    RogerG likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Because Apple has to go after the emerging markets. The 5C will sell very well here in the States and UK. Along with the rest if the EU. It fills that gap of a "new" iPhone that's less expensive for those customers that choose Android because of it. That's were Android has it's market share. Not S4 and Notes. The cheap devices that fill the need of $99 or Free to those that don't want to pay for the high end stuff. But it's the emerging markets that Apple has it's eye on. Asia to be specific. Over 51% of the worlds population resides there. With Apple having an event on the 11th in China. It all but confirms that the largest Chinese carrier is now on board with Apple. The 5C will be Apples biggest seller so far due to this region alone.

Steve Jobs may have been a great showman and perfectionist. But it's Tim Cook who's taken Apple to where it's at and where it's going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

I don't think anyone is arguing if it's going to sell...

The argument i'm making is that it's not worth buying.

For me anyway.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    It's not for me either. But we're not the target market for it. We're the high end market.

I do think it's definitely worth buying if you're that low cost spender. You'll get a great phone with access to the best App Store. Receive updates for at least three years and support like no other in this industry. Add all that up plus you're getting a new to this year device and it's win/win For Apple and it's customer. I think we'll see a lot of Android defectors with this one. Plus many that will be first time buyers.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    So you don't like my Play Store?

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    So you don't like my Play Store?
    Not sure I understand the question.