+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...msung-products... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple wins ITC ban on Samsung products

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    So what products are going to be banned? Is the S3 and Note2 involved? That could be bad for Samsung. But when you piggyback to success, eventually your going to have to pay for that ride.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Its the old stuff. Galaxy, Galaxy SII and the first Tablets. These haven't been on the shelves for eons...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Apple infringes it all OK. We'll just say its FRAND and have the President override. One move he's done that so many who are consistently critical of him support. And why not? It gives them what they want.

Will it be just as OK, just as good if he kills this one?

No, cause time and time again we are bombarded by the same tired arguments. What did the S3 and note 2 "steal"?

Don't trumpet rebound on scroll or zooming. Let's be honest, how important (and thus why were they allowed to be patented) are these to the success of either company?

Why was the last ITC ban and override a sure sign patent reform was needed and this not?

I'm going to be honest, the trumpeting of a company that has ridden on the success of its first device, giving micro-updates over the years and leaving its "innovative os" to stagnate is fandom and little else.

This is about mere annoyance that a company not only caught up with an over hyped and over marketed device but then surpassed it. Am the while Apple found itself caught, not having consumers what they wan, but telling them. When it does respond its almost laughable: larger screen(you WANT a larger screen, then you get only longer. Accept our reasons as why), iMaps (get lost in 2 easy clicks), lose signal, holding it wrong....etc.

Add a bunch of users who are willing to overlook any shortcomings because its cool! Its so premium!

As android users we just NEED manufacturers to steal nice graphical effects cause we just too inbred or unsophisticated to know any better....

There's such a craptastic double standard. Apple didn't invent crap but can patent it to hell and back. Why, because the company knows its long lost on any innovation. To the extent it had to begin borrowing (cause they don't steal do they) assets from Android. Notifications, and a nice few did bits included in iOS7.

Yeah, poot Apple, being ridden like a cheap whore by Samsung, HTC, LG, and Sony.

C'mon Mr.President, save em again.

BHP, I know you'll have a tl:dr comment comment. I'm going to save you waiting for a reply, there won't be one. Unlike some leopards, I ain't changing my spots (even for a moment) and I'm not going back and forth. If you need a reply just search my many many comments ts from the past.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Apple infringes it all OK. We'll just say its FRAND and have the President override. One move he's done that so many who are consistently critical of him support. And why not? It gives them what they want.

Will it be just as OK, just as good if he kills this one?

No, cause time and time again we are bombarded by the same tired arguments. What did the S3 and note 2 "steal"?

Don't trumpet rebound on scroll or zooming. Let's be honest, how important (and thus why were they allowed to be patented) are these to the success of either company?

Why was the last ITC ban and override a sure sign patent reform was needed and this not?

I'm going to be honest, the trumpeting of a company that has ridden on the success of its first device, giving micro-updates over the years and leaving its "innovative os" to stagnate is fandom and little else.

This is about mere annoyance that a company not only caught up with an over hyped and over marketed device but then surpassed it. Am the while Apple found itself caught, not having consumers what they wan, but telling them. When it does respond its almost laughable: larger screen(you WANT a larger screen, then you get only longer. Accept our reasons as why), iMaps (get lost in 2 easy clicks), lose signal, holding it wrong....etc.

Add a bunch of users who are willing to overlook any shortcomings because its cool! Its so premium!

As android users we just NEED manufacturers to steal nice graphical effects cause we just too inbred or unsophisticated to know any better....

There's such a craptastic double standard. Apple didn't invent crap but can patent it to hell and back. Why, because the company knows its long lost on any innovation. To the extent it had to begin borrowing (cause they don't steal do they) assets from Android. Notifications, and a nice few did bits included in iOS7.

Yeah, poot Apple, being ridden like a cheap whore by Samsung, HTC, LG, and Sony.

C'mon Mr.President, save em again.

BHP, I know you'll have a tl:dr comment comment. I'm going to save you waiting for a reply, there won't be one. Unlike some leopards, I ain't changing my spots (even for a moment) and I'm not going back and forth. If you need a reply just search my many many comments ts from the past.

Wow....

Read the facts of this case and the one that was vetoed. Two completely different cases involving two completely different types of Patents. No one "just called them FRAND", they were. And Samsung played some dirty business. That's a fact. Not speculation. Samsung used Apples patents that are proprietary to get in the business. That's a fact. Not speculation. Please post back when you have facts to base you argument on and not some piss fit about apple and it's users. I call it as I see it. If Apples wrong, I'll say it. Same with any other company.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok, whatever, and whoever ... Guess what? We're Not any richer or poorer. You know what guys? They can all go to hell.
    As long as we don't. On Pinstack.
    That's important.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    gee...just as I thought it was over with all the banning, I'm sure there must be many angry share holders that received lower dividends. now now Sammy and Apple...play nice you two.

if you guys want to destroy another then do it through marketing...makes a good comedy for society to tune into.

though just for the record, LG made the first iPhone looking phone (the LG prada I think it was), that is why apple has never gone after LG for infringing.

I'm sure lawyers are responsible for encouraging this behavior between Apple and Samsung.
    Last edited by KTW; 08-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    So what products are going to be banned? Is the S3 and Note2 involved? That could be bad for Samsung. But when you piggyback to success, eventually your going to have to pay for that ride.
    I think they both stole from eachother.

Samsung had the first touch screen interface with "apps". Apple had the first fantastic browser. At this point, apple definitely set a new "mobile standard" and a bunch of carriers copied it.

Either way, what's frustrating is the fact that the president decided you can't ban apple, and yet banning samsung is ok.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    I think they both stole from eachother.

Samsung had the first touch screen interface with "apps". Apple had the first fantastic browser. At this point, apple definitely set a new "mobile standard" and a bunch of carriers copied it.

Either way, what's frustrating is the fact that the president decided you can't ban apple, and yet banning samsung is ok.
    They are two completely different cases. One has nothing to do with the other. Samsung tried to force Apple to pay a higher fee for its FRAND patents then everyone else was. They also wanted Apple to give them their proprietary patents for using their FRAND patents. Exactly what sense does that make?? None. But the ITC sided with Samsung for whatever reason. None that's logical of coarse. That's the reason that case verdict was vetoed. Nothing more. It had nothing to do with protecting Apple. It had to do with plain common sense. It also has nothing to do with banning Samsung. They were found guilty(and rightfully so) of using Apple's proprietary patents. So the devices that sold with those are in fact in violation of the patents and Apple should recieve compensation for it along with a ban of those products. It's not that's it ok to ban one and not the other. Its a fact of one unfairly tried to use a FRAND patent as leverage for proprietary ones. It doesn't work that way.

As far as who had what first. That's irrelevant. It's about who patented it as their own. Apple didn't invent Multi touch. They invented the way it's used on smartphones and tablets. And who can argue that it has changed the way OS's are designed. No one. At this point that should be a FRAND patent and Apple should recieve compensation for it,just as the technology Samsung has about its cellular ones.

I'll give you an example of a technology that was patented and used by another company. Snapon tools, invented the way that that 3D imaging is used to display live data from an alignment machine. 3D imaging was not new, it had been used before. But it was not used in the way that it displays live data on that piece of Equiptment. Now, Hunter used this patented technology and made their own to compete. Snapon sued, won and now Hunter pays a royality every time one of their pieces sales. Is that not fair? I think so. You can't take what's not yours and make a competing product, make money and not expect to be sued.

+ Reply to Thread