+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...for-legal-fees... Smartphone News forum

Article: Apple wants $22 million from Samsung for legal fees

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    And it should get it.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sigh, !Apple and Samsung should really grow up...its like, mommy mommy, Samsung stole my idea and is coping me, wa wa wa! (crying) seriously...it should stop.

...the lawyers are probably encouraging and aggravating it though.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Sigh, !Apple and Samsung should really grow up...its like, mommy mommy, Samsung stole my idea and is coping me, wa wa wa! (crying) seriously...it should stop.

...the lawyers are probably encouraging and aggravating it though.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If I'm not mistaken, it's still illegal to take someone else's idea, make it yours and profit from it. I do realize most if not all the manufacturers do it. There's an old saying down here- knowing it and proving it are two different things. Apple probably wouldn't be litigating this unless they felt assured of the outcome, or at least felt this would curb future behavior.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    If it's patented. Then yes, it's illegal. Sad thing is, IMO. This case has done nothing to curb what Samsung does and will continue to do. For me, all profits should be paid. Maybe not to Apple. 10% should be paid to Apple then charities should get the rest. But it should hurt the company that committed the crime. As it stands it doesn't. Samsung made much more off their Galaxy devices than the 750 million they'll have to pay. They'll just do it again. They've done it with all their products. Not just smartphones and tablets.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    But I thought the total amount included legal fees. Looks like apple is being a little greedy. They will get theirs soon enough.<br><br>Maybe now Samsung and others will get with the program about patenting their features, etc. Because Apple patents everything, and is being granted those vague patents. Samsung needs to fire their patent teams for not catching those patents during the device development.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That's what I was thinking as well, I believe that is the norm generally speaking

+ Reply to Thread