+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nothing to watch. Went from "are they credible" to essentially "ends justify the means" (even ... Smartphone News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Nothing to watch. Went from "are they credible" to essentially "ends justify the means" (even though there's no evidence Samsung copied Apple) to the usual "my iPhone is better than your [inesert any device that was produced with Jobs Magic] device".

Apple continually runs to court crying foul. That's fine and dandy until they start doctoring evidence used in their claims. What amuses me personally is how loyal fans are oh so quick to point out how superior (they are?) the user expirience is, yet get up in arms when its threatened, to the point of defending what appears to be evidence tampering. I'm willing to bet that wouldn't be tolerated if any other company did it to Apple.

My point all along isn't that one device is better than the other. It is simply that it astounds me that iFans can ignore the low level Apple will go to when it feels threatened. Look at the Galaxy Tab images, changing images, showing the app drawers (in both cases implying that's where the user begins) and so on.

Yet all this is just OK. Because Apple says they've been copied, then its so. Court need not apply?

I'm taking my dog out of this fight. I'm not doing the device pissing match.

Somehow I thought Pinstack was better than that.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry that you take these things so personal.

My whole point is that if Apple thinks someone came a little too close designing something that is similar to their product, they have the right to seek compensation. The courts will decide, and I'm sure nothing will ever come out of it.

I dont understand how you can say "I thought Pinstack was better than that" when it's me having a conversation with you, and no one else. Sorry to tell you, but people disagree a lot and it's interesting to see other peoples point of views. These type of discussions are entertaining to me. It's boring if everyone here was the same, and liked all the same things. No need to get bent out of shape, and think less of this place because we can't come to an understanding about our side hobby.

It's funny cause in a few months ill prolly be arguing with someone else and defending Android.

Maybe I need to apologize. Personal no, passionate yes.

Just seemed we were evolving back to the "my wee wee is bigger than yours" drivel seen on so many other sites. I overreacted and apologize.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's all good, man.

Wanna go pick on the Blackberry people?

JK.

nope, think there's STILL more of them here than us :-)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    This "passion" is great guys. AND ABOVE ALL, CIVIL. THATS PS.
    If any one copies this site, we'll SUE.
    Anyway, just to add to the spice, the moral of the story boils down to this.
    The image Apple potrays is not one that we may identify with.
    Maybe, for the same reasons, Apple could be victim to the masochistic whim of others. They deserve that. And they should also get contenders of the same calibre lawyers they are consorting with.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Speaking as a hillbilly, I've gotta go look up some words. My grandma used ta masochistic her feet.......

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok, this following picture probably deserves an article on its own. Have a good look (from qizmodo).
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-20-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Link to article del? I searched but couldn't find.

PIN/ID
    Nope!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I can totally say my wee wee is bigger than yours
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I can totally say my wee wee is bigger than yours
    I'll just take your word for it. No photoshop evidence required.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    My name ain't Mandingo Johnson for nothing lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Well, to be fair I did a comparison.

Attachment 33334

Maybe my tab wouldn't do so well either.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    In the end as we have seen many times we will all defend what we love, without seeing the bad side, since we do not want to see it. Just going to court to stop a competitor is a problem. Currently Apple is competing to be the richest company in America, they have done so with a very small product line which we all admit is good quality, but produced in China (low salaries) workers committing suicide, taking 30% off of developers that use ITunes, oh and you can only sell Apps through ITunes. Now they go to court and doctor photos for whatever reason to help win Patent battles. Yet people still say Apple are a wonderful company as opposed to the dreadful Exxon (an oil company).

I ask you all has Apple lost their way, or should I say their heart? Yes business is business companies need to make money, but billions? Steve Jobs' business model hasn't changed much over the years and his fans remain, ask people who is the good guy Steve Jobs or Bill Gates? Bill gives millions to charity builds hospitals in India, yet I bet people would say Steve is the good guy.

So its not surprising. We must all remember everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it because without that diversity this world would be a very boring place and we would not be able to learn new things, so Jay keep it coming because I for one have found your comments and facts enlightening. A great thing about this site is there are many tongue in cheek comments which can calm things down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast