+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...umpers-For-You... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Article: Apple Says, "No Free Bumpers For You"

Advertisement

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I purchased 3 new iP4's and have not has any of these issues being reported. Guess you can never make everyone happy.
    The new iPhone4 has been nothing but great so far.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-30-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    lol

Yea, I guess some people that paid for a phone that doesn't work that well have nothing to be upset about..

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    LMAO...30 bucks for a silly bumper. Shoot yourself Apple. I always said the iPhone killer would be the iPhone. Even if its not as bad as it looks, the fact remains it looks very bad. And their responses only makes things worse.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Again, people will always gun for the boys on top. Folks love to hate apple, their products are so bad, I guess that is the reason it IS the number one smartphone. Lmao at the doesn't work. That's funny.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I actually think Apple makes a good product, many of them in fact. I've tried the iPhone and it's a nice device, but I prefer my BB. I also made sure to mention above that ALL devices suffer from the antenna being covered at some point, thus blocking reception, but that it seems to be worse in this particular device.

What I do abhor is Apple's lockdown of their products from the end user. They create these devices touting the interface and an experience that users will love, but users are prevented from making customizations or running software that really make the device an experience for them. Worse is Job's typical response that nothing is wrong and users can take his product or leave it.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    LMAO...30 bucks for a silly bumper. Shoot yourself Apple. I always said the iPhone killer would be the iPhone. Even if its not as bad as it looks, the fact remains it looks very bad. And their responses only makes things worse.
    That is one of the reasons I loath Apple. You buy their devices to use. Then you find out you can use your device with other devices you already own. But you can't just plug and play; NOOOOOOO! you have to buy their adapter or something else that is expensive and hell in order to do it.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Aren't all new cases usually about that price? I mean when I purchased that dinosaur 9700 I remember paying $29.99 for the case I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Eversince then I've been bugging my friend from Best Buy to get me the cases from there with his employee discount . I only pay $7 for the $30 ones LOL.

Pays to know ppl
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I actually think Apple makes a good product, many of them in fact. I've tried the iPhone and it's a nice device, but I prefer my BB. I also made sure to mention above that ALL devices suffer from the antenna being covered at some point, thus blocking reception, but that it seems to be worse in this particular device.

What I do abhor is Apple's lockdown of their products from the end user. They create these devices touting the interface and an experience that users will love, but users are prevented from making customizations or running software that really make the device an experience for them. Worse is Job's typical response that nothing is wrong and users can take his product or leave it.
    Am gonna have to agree with Job's on that one. Don't buy a product then complain that it don't do what you want it to do if you knew everything it does before you bought it. Buy the device that do. That is why I went android; the iphone fell short on a lot of things for me.

Now this whole antenna issue; (in my opinion) thats just karma coming down on Job's for all the smack he talks on the other Device Manufactures and those lame lawsuits.

But apple need to do something about this Antenna issue fast; the heat is on...The iphone 4 is really nice; am sadden to see it fall this way.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    BGR also reported THIS about the antenna issue

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Great marketing by motorola!

iPhonejones no está en línea Stack level 2
    iPhone... The slumlord of the mobile phone world. Lol. It's the users fault??? Really?? How bout it's the designers!!!? What a joke! Apple acts like a kid who can't admit wrong. I do love my iPhone but I do loath apple and Jobs

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would have loved to see the reaction Steve had when this leak got published.....Moto & VZW sure were quick to pounce on that.....hopefully the X will not have major issues of its own...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I purchased 3 new iP4's and have not has any of these issues being reported. Guess you can never make everyone happy.
    The new iPhone4 has been nothing but great so far.
    It really depends on where you are. ex: turns out in my kitchen i have "bad" reception. Still 4-5 bars, but every once in a while, I got a dropped call. Now, with the iphone 4 no one can hear me in the kitchen. Kind of frustrating. Where as before with the 3GS people could hear me almost perfectly and once/twice a week it would drop the call.

What I don't understand is, OK clearly there is "some sort of a problem". You have found that the bumpers fix the issue. Give everyone a free one. Stop being cheap a**-holes. I would understand paying for the bumpers if I wanted the aesthetic value, but when I don't want them and I definitely don't want to put them on, but i am forced to because of functionality issues...that's a different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast