+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...mprove-Sharing... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: Apple Said To Prepare ITunes Changes To Improve Sharing

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This I find worrying, with over 100 Gb of music on ITunes, I don't want to share ('cos it's mine and I am mean ), I do not use their cloud service, I am a PC user, and I have an IPod, my wife has an IPad with her own ITunes running, (we have different music tastes, so while some of our music is duplicated there are songs that neither of us would like to duplicate

My concern is that Apple is going to do what FaceBook did, implement the change because it is good for us in their opinion, and good for them financially. One can say you don't need to update the software, but eventually things stop working as they work little tweaks in which require the latest software.
    Delfim likes this.

Just because they're improving the sharing feature doesn't mean you have to share, Dave.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Whilst your comment is absolutely correct Roger, defaults are often put in place to allow sharing which need to be found and turned off. It is the fact that they are trying to make things work more seamlessly within the Apple infrastructure that becomes worrying for me. Already if you do not jailbreak your IPad there is no simple way to look at the file structure on it. Look at how difficult it is to find songs on the IPod. ITunes has to be used to backup the IPad, to remove a file you create on the IPad, it all works in Apple's favor and goes back to Steve Jobs wanting to have total control of the Ecosystem from hardware to software. Maybe I am reading to much into it, I sincerely hope so or I will have a long job converting all of my music to another system.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Maybe I am reading to much into it
    Yessir, I believe you are.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It´s again, jamming things down my throat which I don't like. I might not want it now, but with the new iOS6 fully operational, will I have a choice? As much as I do like iOS, there are certain things and attitudes (and they´re not small) that lifts the hair on my back...
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Yessir, I believe you are.
    I really really really hope so!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The question remains. Will I be able to share 300 gigs of illegally downloaded music and counting.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Geez, you guys are harsh! I just re-read the article (again!) and not sure I see what's being "jammed down" anyone's throat.

Easy boys!

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    The question remains. Will I be able to share 300 gigs of illegally downloaded music and counting.
    Hook a brother up! :-)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Now the word "illegally" obviously means that it does not have any of the restrictions on it so I would say most likely yes, only problem is the more people you share with the more likely you are to have a visit from the music police

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm busy with Jelly Bean... if I like it I keep it. If I don't I'll dump it. But I have nothing pulling my nose in a specific direction. Sorry, but it's always been my gripe with Apple, and I repeat this, as much as I do appreciate some of the virtues in iOS.

if I like it I keep it. If I don't I'll dump it.
    And that's all anybody can ask for, idnit?

I happen to like my iPhone right now. We were pretty much locked into BlackBerry Desktop Manager if we wanted to sync our contacts (before Google) or backup our data, so for me, the transition to being "locked" to iTunes wasn't that much of a stretch.

I can't bounce around from one technology to another. I wanna take what I have, learn as much as I can about it and take it from there. If I get bored or disenchanted with Apple (like I did with BlackBerry) down the road, then I'll move on, but for now, iPhone suits my needs just fine.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I´m not criticizing your choices Rog. I'm stating mine. This discussion is just to voice an opinion.
    Like YOU ( and most of us) have said before, it's what works for you...
    What's aggravating for me (I stress ME) is that I should be all happy and thankful with whatever Apple decides is best for me...
    If I am, then there's no stress. If I´m not, then, forcibly, I´ll have to look somewhere else...
    Mind you, it´s like that with everything in my life.
    Peace Bro !

I know, Del. I'm just stating mine, too. It's all good, bro.
    Delfim likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast