+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 2 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...t-–-and-global... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple’s revenue growth slowdown is fast – and global

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This time last year Apple made $28 billion. They made $35 billion this year. Sold 26 million iphones and 17 million ipads.

Smh.

I looked down at the link and saw it was from bgr. That explains it.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I think the release of the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini will give them a little boost in sales also.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Its obvious. The reports show a slowdown in market penetration, that´s the focus. Especially in the EU., which is not surprising due to all the economic turmoil going on and that the iPhone aren't as well subsidized as in the US. Add to this fact that there is cautious anticipation regarding the introduction of the new iPhone, its natural that there is a slump in sales. A factor that is made cleraly is the increase of profit on the sales of far fewer iPhones ie. the yield per iPhone sold has gone up considerably. Which...
    Is a good setup and pre-market capitalization with the new iPhone, and it´s twofold: 1. Higher selling price expected, and 2: The yield is then far higher per phone sold.
    It´s obvious here that the comment on the report (by BGR, but also the most of them) are for those that expected Apple stock to reach the 1000$US, and I'm sure all of those investors are peeved with these results (there´s billions invested in the Futures).
    Withe introduction of the new Macs, the iPhone 5, the new iPod and the spin off from all new accessories required, Apple will ride the waves again in the final q of 2012. Into 2013. Maybe then the stock will be worth 1000US$, but by then the speculators will want 1200US$.
    If we´re careful in the analysis of the accounts, capitalization and stock, in other words the balance sheet, Apple has only one thing to fear: Apple itself.
    chokem likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good and valid points. As you pointed out, with the worldwide recession it only stands to reason that sales across the board in the smartphone industry are going to take a hit. I know several people here locally who were toying with the idea of buying a 4S, but are waiting it out for the i5.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well my 4S is goin' up on eBay unless you know of someone interested in purchasing it. It will be permanently unlocked, btw.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Little Rog Grosser
    Sat in the corner
    Holding his iPhone out of arms way.
    When down came Jay
    Placed a Droid on his tray
    And took his iPhone away.

Im using Jay here just to make it rhyme...although its fitting.
    RogerG and jfcooley like this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Analysts on the futures market! Apple is probably the healthiest company financially in the world, they have still made an enormous profit, but didn't hit the predictions, should this be looked at as doom and gloom like some of the analyst I am reading are doing??? Honestly the most that should be happening at the moment is the management at Apple should be looking at their plans and making sure that they do not become complacent, other than that I do not see where the issue is.

The big problem for companies worldwide at the moment is the state of the US currency, and the Euro, along with unemployment etc. if people don't have jobs they are not spending if people are worried that they may lose their jobs or are not going to get a pay rise, and may not be able to meet their mortgage or their car payment, they are not spending, if they are not spending they are not buying your product, if your products aren't selling you cut costs and let people go, which leaves more people not spending. So Apple is doing very well, because no matter what an IPad or an IPhone (or any tablet/mobile device) is a luxury that one can do without if one has to.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Little Rog Grosser
    Sat in the corner
    Holding his iPhone out of arms way.
    When down came Jay
    Placed a Droid on his tray
    And took his iPhone away.

Im using Jay here just to make it rhyme...although its fitting.
    LOL, thanks needed that laugh.

+ Reply to Thread