+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ING-REPETITION... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: APPLE’S FATE: BREAKING REPETITION

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'd have to agree with the author.

RIM got too comfortable with its position and failed to recognize that other manufacturers were coming up from behind and finally surpassing them in the industry. As soon as Apple released its first iPhone, RIM should've taken the cue to think outside their box and become more innovative to their approach.

But this is about Apple and indications they're resting comfortably on their laurels. Hard to imagine a man like Steve Jobs would allow that to happen, but he's no longer here. Those types of visionaries are few and far between and I don't see anyone as unique as Jobs at the helm of the Apple ship right now.

One can only hope that he left behind enough of his legacy to keep the company as forward-thinking as they've been in the past, or they'll surely face a similar situation as RIM, with people jumping ship to other platforms.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I hope not but time will tell. I would expect that the powers that be at Apple Inc saw what has happened to RIM and take the proper steps to insure that it doesn't happen to them.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    In this world of globalization, complacency and holding out to past laurels is a killer. Be it for RIM, Nokia, WebOS, even now Alcatel - Lucent, even Siemens a few years ago. It's a fact that this type of market, is a distinctly a consumer one, not a medium to long term project that needs time to consolidate. It's like fashion. Wear it now and put it away for next season.
    That's the truth of the matter. That's why the consumer is categorized as fickle in the general marketing sense
    (I love being fickle with this type of tech).
    Now, a company evolves by creating something new. That's the ticket. Not variations of...
    This is true for the examples we know in this field. RIM, Nokia (Symbian), WebOS etc.
    If Apple or Google want to carry their lead within and for the next five years they have to get something new out of the hat.
    And like I've always stated, innovative and not boring.
    You know why? Like the many millions that comprise the general market, and are the real power behind progress by adopting to innovation, they are all fickle.
    Lead and we'll follow. Make us eat what you think is the best for us, and we'll soon tire and go and eat cake somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread