+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

i think i'm switching to android when the siv hits. rumor is it'll be next ... Smartphone News forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

i think i'm switching to android when the siv hits. rumor is it'll be next summer.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Apple
    don't know if i want any siv . but the time frame for release is about right.

I expect 4-5 galaxy's next year. I'll be disappointed with anything else. i mean, it's only right that my phone stops being the best 2 weeks after I buy it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here we go, knocking Android. And then you guys say it's us ? Sarcasm ?
    Let me say this. If Sammy pushes out 4 or 5 superlative phones, one after the other, I'll buy the lot, one after the other. My prerogative...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    As it stands now my upgrade is in June. I'm seriously looking to investigate the galaxy 3. Since looks like we are staying it's the last upgrade from what was yhe premier account.

Now, to be fair I'm going to look at the iPhone 5 if its in that window. It'd have to be a real rework of the device, and the specs will have to be something for me to switch. Even then I doubt I can adjust to ios.

I do know I'll be avoiding HTC. Unless there's a rework of sense. Never want 3d again.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ I agree. Especially HTC. Their 3D Sense is a lot of bloatware. Some good I must say, but I rather do without it.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'll go back to Android if Google steps up and starts pushing updates to phones themselves. I will not buy a phone just so I can receive an OS update. This may be hard for them since they let the manufacture cover it with horrible skins and then the bloat carriers put on it after. Specs don't concern me if the phone isn't ever going to get a legit update and not some hacked crap that someone put together in their own home.

Apple has done something here that I like and is overlooked a lot. They have complete control and give the carriers none. To me that's the biggest reward. Although I despise iTunes I hardly ever have to deal with it since I finally have wireless synching, iCloud, and OTA updates. I'm a happy SOB.

Google, take control over your OS and maybe just maybe you will have a better phone that doesn't feel like a disposable smartphone.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good points Cap, but I'm still not up for being closed. I like being able to change roms (if there are any available) and I don't think CM is half baked.

Still, I agree, I wish Google would stop the manufacturers from making their ui crap mandatory.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^And with what Cap says, I agree entirely.

Google should do it. But no, I don't think it's in their makeup.

Also, manufacturers should be obliged to sell/push out vanilla/original OS's and then let the customer have the option to install the additional bloatware. But this is a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12