+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...out-Refinement... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple iPhone 5 Review: It’s All About Refinement

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    From everything I've heard thus far, I'd tend to agree with most of what the author said. We're all waiting anxiously for your review, though, Del.

What I don't get, and maybe it's because I'm a big guy, is why all these companies (including HTC in the Windows Phone article) feel the need to go "lighter."

I actually preferred the feel of the iPhone 4S. It had a nice, solid "heft" to it that bespoke of the quality craftsmanship. I haven't had my hands on the new one yet, but from all accounts, it still feels like that, just in lighter form. Guess I'll have to see for myself, but again, the phone doesn't have to be a brick, but if you want my opinion, don't try to make things lighter by sacrificing quality like some manufacturers do with cheaper materials.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I had one in my hands Rog, like I told you. it´s lighter, but not that much. The finishes are really great.
    The one thing I did forget to mention, is how easily the back cover and sides are going to get scratched. Not the front, the glass. The aluminum! Or whatever it is. Tha´s going to be a disappointment!
    Take a look at ZAGG !

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My brother-in-law living in the UK walked into his local phone store this morning, no queue and walked out with the IPhone 5 for Ł79.00 which he posted a picture of on Facebook. Obviously the big stores in the big cities have queues because of hype and people are desperate to have the latest.

Good review.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You know, its not a bad review once you take the Android bias out of it.
    I like the apologist attitude. No NFC? Well it's not all that great. Apple feels time isn't right.
    No mention of the maps issue. Either the reviewer doesn't read online and most importantly, didn't fully test it upon his review.
    And my favorite iFan dig at android, we have to wait...and wait...for updates.

Want to review the device, great. If it ends up being the best ever then give the facts and leave your biased opinion out.

Looking forward to your review Del.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah there was definitely a hint of bias in there for sure.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    One thing is for sure, it's no use comparing it to the SIII of the Note 2. It must stand on its own virtues, or lack of. Thats a review.
    Once you start comparing, it's subjective. Unless you just look at tech specs, the latest useful apps provided up front (not App Store or Google Play) and then your results, whether you like them or not, will give you the best of all.
    Android at the moment is the system to beat. The best tech is clearly Korean.
    Period! The rest are just filling in spaces in between!
    Subjectivity though, will rule. I was about to say a little nationalism also goes a long way... Better not .

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't care if its the best phone in the free world, just don't use the review as an opportunity to dig on those that did think differently than you.

OK...next post is 5000. Gonna save it.

+ Reply to Thread