+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ear-Strawberry... Smartphone News forum

Article: Apple Goes to Court to Stop the Galaxy S II in EU

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    For the love of God these lawsuits are getting downright stupid.
    First I'd love to know how much money is spent, and what percentage is passed down to the consumerism. Is this really necessary? We'be seen how Apple (allegedly) doctored photos to bolster a (craptastic) claim concerning the GT 10.1. Now it (to me) is looking like Apple is the kid on the playground that suddenly realizes he's not the only cool kid anymore. Name calling, threats, and these against a manufacturer that was once a partner. Some of your iPhones (if not all) contain Sammy chips.

Look, I kid and joke about the iPhone, but I have to admit its a solid device. The company that makes it however is far from my favorite, and tactics like this are perhaps the only reason why. There's been little gained by these lawsuits, and I doubt there will be. I do get concerned over who may really get hurt by these....you and I.

Lawyers aren't cheap. Patent lawyers aren't cheap. I seriously doubt that Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, and whomever else will just absorb the expenses. They will pass it along.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 08-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    For the love of God these lawsuits are getting downright stupid.
    First I'd love to know how much money is spent, and what percentage is passed down to the consumer. Is this really necessary? We'be seen how Apple (allegedly) doctored photos to bolster a (craptastic) claim concerning the GT 10.1. Now it (to me) is looking like Apple is the kid on the playground that suddenly realizes he's not the only cool kid anymore. Name calling, threats, and these against a manufacturer that was once a partner. Some of your iPhones (if not all) contain Sammy chips.

Look, I kid and joke about the iPhone, but I have to admit its a solid device. The company that makes it however is far from my favorite, and tactics like this are perhaps the only reason why. There's been little gained by these lawsuits, and I doubt there will be. I do get concerned over who may really get hurt by these....you and I.

Lawyers aren't cheap. Patent lawyers aren't cheap. I seriously doubt that Application, Samsung, HTC, LG, and whomever else will just absorb the expenses. They will pass it along.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Apple is just mad because it's outselling their butts all over the world

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Apple is just mad because it's outselling their butts all over the world
    I agree that these lawsuits are getting ridiculous but this claim is just as ridiculous.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't think this behavior is new for Apple, didn't it happen in the early days of the PC/Apple Mac competition, I believe that Apple tried to stop Windows as they said it copied their GUI, but it was a long time ago so I can't be certain. In the end the only people that benefit are the lawyers, Apple gets press time, but in this case it may not help them. The whole thing is a waste of time and money!!

+ Reply to Thread