+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...y-Android-Sold... Smartphone News forum

Article: Apple Could Get $10 Royalty for Every Android Sold?

Advertisement

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    That's so crazy!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd either give up smartphones or go to windows phone.if they'd just licensed it from the outset I'd not mind. Wont affect them but not a Buck of mine would go to them at this point.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    ^^^
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'd either give up smartphones or go to windows phone.if they'd just licensed it from the outset I'd not mind. Wont affect them but not a Buck of mine would go to them at this point.
    So, let me get this right. You're ok with copyright and patent infringement. Also ok with a company buying another and then giving patents to a partner to then turn around and sue a company. But against a company actually suing to protect their IP. OK, Got it....makes sense :rolleyes:

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah Jay, sock it to them... Brace for it guys !Not a penny to Apple. Hey, I've got a Ma Bell phone somewhere...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    So, let me get this right. You're ok with copyright and patent infringement.
    It hasnt been ruled to be copyright infringement the ruling is still out. Just because they sue for it doesnt mean they are right. and I believe that Jfcooley was basically making a point that this whole situation with lawsuits that apple (other companies too, but apple has been taking it to another level) has been gung ho about is disgusting and he even said that if they had done the more lucrative option for them he would have been fine with it. They choose to go the petty route instead, they dont want to make profit they want to cripple the industry and monopolize everything they can.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    If Apple farts i want to smell it because I'm sure it'll be the best smelling thing around.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    If Apple farts i want to smell it because I'm sure it'll be the best smelling thing around.
    Ewww....just ew.

BHP, do you know something the courts don't?
    Remy summed it up.
    Don't care if Apple could care less, I'm not giving em a red cent. I work very hard (when I have work) for my money. I can't replace it by patent trolling ...

They'll live without it, and I'll live without them having it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So again, you're OK with Google buying Motorola and then turning around and giving HTC and others patents that they used to sue Apple?
    Your reasons for not liking/buying Apple went out the window when Google did this. Try something else. I guess since this is your main concern when you buy a phone you'll be moving to a different OS.

Apple started the lawsuits.
    Would matter either way. My reasons are my own. I've shared them, didn't ask you to like them.

Kinda like your choice to share your affection for Apple.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    You state your reasons. they use to be valid. Now you wont admit that Google is doing similar things.

On one hand you hate Apple and give your reason, on the other, although Google is doing something similar you still want their product.
    I'm not saying I like or dislike your opinons. I'm saying that if your going to flame a company and refuse to buy a product based on whatever it is. It should be that if another company does something similar you should equally refuse to buy their products as well.

When you don't. It's called hypocrisy.

So I'm a hypocrite ?
    Interesting.
    Apple, who's founder stated "Good artist steal", runs to court once threatened over SHAPES isn't huh?

Apparently you chose to ignore ALL of my original post. IF the patents had been licenced originally I'd have no issue. Apple chose to litigate and intimidate. The Google purchase of Moto for patents (and subsequent sharing) is and was to protect its partners from the stupid patent trolling your favorite company has been doing.

How has Apple been doing with those lawsuits by the way? Small victories are great huh?

Now. Calling me a hypocrite, bit much. Was very tempted to risk Rogers wrath an stoop down there with you. Decided I've more respect for the Stacks.

With that guy, I've chosen the ignore route. Attack Google, Android, hell, even me. I wont see it.

If you choose the same route, no hard feelings...I wont sue you because I did it first

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Keep it cordial fellas.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    YAAAWWNNNNN!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast