+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...launched-today... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple confirms Apple Store iPhone trade-in program has launched to

Advertisement

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm... I might use this. Though, I have never brought my phones directly from Apple. I am assuming there is nothing really different than if I was buying from AT&T?

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    If they where giving alittle more I'd think about trading my 4S in for new 5....but with the "5S" or whatever it's gonna be called a few weeks away I'd already be behind again...

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry Apple, but I'll get more on eBay. Your price are pathetic; so as gazelle. #3901

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Sorry Apple, but I'll get more on eBay. Your price are pathetic; so as gazelle. #3901
    So funny people comparing prices that you get on eBay to a trade in program. Um, yea, no kidding you'll get better prices in eBay or CL. YOU'RE doing the selling. These programs are design for ease to the customer. And yes, not everyone wants it has time to deal with selling a phone on eBay or CL. How can you say their prices are pathetic????? I tell you what, you give me $600 for my iPhone 5(because that's what it's worth right) and then you go sell it.

This is a business. They provide an easy way for customers to get money back on their devices(most of which were purchased with an upgrade), so that they can pay for their next phone. And since most where purchased at upgrade pricing and most will be getting upgrade pricing. It now makes that $200 phone around $50. And it's easy. No eBay or CL hassle. Great programs, glad to see Apple offering it in their stores now.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I've never traded anything. I always sell through other means and get double or triple the amount trade ins give you. Would you trade your car for $500 when you can get $3,000? for it? I believe the same applies here.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I've never traded anything. I always sell through other means and get double or triple the amount trade ins give you. Would you trade your car for $500 when you can get $3,000? for it? I believe the same applies here.

Not to everyone. Getting the price you paid for the phone, back in on trade towards a new isn't really a bad deal at all. I've never traded either. I've always used CL. But for some, it's a hassle. It is for me sometimes too. Some don't care to make money on their old phone, just getting back most of what they paid for it is fine. Same with cars, happens everyday.

+ Reply to Thread