+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...axes-Don-t-Mix... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Apple And Taxes Don't Mix

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Apple is not the only company that does this. Google, Cisco, and Microsoft have done the same thing.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    There are thousand's of companies worldwide that do this, some don't even exist except on paper to avoid taxes, and worst of all, launder money. In the EU, Luxembourg, Gilbraltar, Madeira and most of the principalities (Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino) serve this purpose.Due to all the economic problems, the EU is gathering rules and regulations to put a stop to this. And they'll succeed at parliament level, by prohibiting these schemes. If the havens don't abide (which they won't because they are the "leechers" in these projects, and profit extensively, the local governments will apply a super tax on home soil, and worse than this, on "Supposed" or "estimated" profits. I wonder what the speculators will do then. The banks, the loan shark banks, the agencies (Fitch, Moodys, Standard & Poor) and the futures markets that get funded by this "invisible" capital (profits) that no one pays their dues for. The bankers need a come uppance...once and for all.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    In a way, it reminds me of how the British rock stars used to live outside of the UK back in the 60s/70s to avoid taxes.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Does anything and tax mix ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ good point.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Question, does that fact that many companies do it make it right? Apple is considered a wonderful company, make enormous profits and avoid paying tax. If the government could close these loopholes maybe we would all be taxed less. Add to this the billionaires like Warren Buffett who says he pays less tax than his secretary, why because he pays accountants to arrange his money to minimize payments, so rather than increasing taxes on those earning 250K and more, close loopholes and Mr Buffett instead of paying accountants why not just pay your fair share?

As they say the only thing in life that's certain is death and taxes
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^ even after Death in America you still pay Taxes.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No Steve. Not only. Whatever the US invents we copy, and make it worse. That's the EU.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    ^^ even after Death in America you still pay Taxes.
    Unless you have a really good accountant!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I used to say if they could Tax the Air we breath they would. Guess I was rights all them years ago.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^popular joke in the South of Italy, Naples.
    "Are di Napoli" ? Ever heard of it?
    And these scam kids actually sold sealed canisters of Neapolitan Fresh Air to US tourists... 5 Euros a trot...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ in the late 50's you could also by canned London Smog (which was a mixture of smoke and fog to many coal fires). Later people were bottling London air as well. Of course there was the sale of London Bridge which the joke was the buyer thought he was buying Tower Bridge, the scams go on.

One could even consider not paying taxes to be a scam against the government and against every individual taxpayer.

+ Reply to Thread